Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
So about two days ago (Thursday) I went to Walmart and got one of the Straight Talk phones since I've heard good things about them. The exact model is this: Touch Screen. So far it's working pretty well with the exception of one thing. It randomly turns off for a second sometimes, then turns back on. I'm actually starting to get ticked off. I'll be in the middle of watching something or texting someone and the phone will suddenly freeze, buzz, then turn off and back on.

Looking around online I don't know if anyone has had the exact same problem as me (most people getting these problems have had the phone a longer time or have a different model.) I'm hoping not to have to reset the phone and do things all over again. Anyone here able to help me figure this out? Is it a battery thing? One site I looked at said to take the battery out for a few minutes then put it back in but I don't see how that'd help?

@n@

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Have you downloaded a lot of apps? Lower end phones like that often don't have much by way of RAM.

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Scarred Sword Heart
Have you downloaded a lot of apps? Lower end phones like that often don't have much by way of RAM.

It came with a couple basic apps (Youtube, Play Store, etc.) And I downloaded a couple. Three streaming sites, a manga site, Pandora, and one or two others that are a lot smaller in terms of the space they take up.
Too much?

Ice-Cold Pyromaniac

It might be just a battery problem. Taking out the battery and putting it back in is kinda like restarting your computer. If that doesn't work you may have to buy a new battery.

Newbie Member

7,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
xx Saph
It might be just a battery problem. Taking out the battery and putting it back in is kinda like restarting your computer. If that doesn't work you may have to buy a new battery.
Buying a new battery is pointless since he/she said they bought it 2 days ago so it should be able to take it back to the store and get a new one. I wouldn't mess with getting a new battery if its doing that.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
vampire_queen7
Scarred Sword Heart

It came with a couple basic apps (Youtube, Play Store, etc.) And I downloaded a couple. Three streaming sites, a manga site, Pandora, and one or two others that are a lot smaller in terms of the space they take up.
Too much?

According to Smart Phone Zero, your phone has 768 MB RAM and 4 GB storage, so you'd do well to keep the number of apps you run at one time to an absolute minimum.

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Scarred Sword Heart
vampire_queen7
Scarred Sword Heart

Too much?

According to Smart Phone Zero, your phone has 768 MB RAM and 4 GB storage, so you'd do well to keep the number of apps you run at one time to an absolute minimum.

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.
I took the battery out for a while, put it back in, and have been running only one app at a time. It seems to have stopped turning on and off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff