Welcome to Gaia! ::

what is a good video card that you need to play sims. It runs on my computer, yet, it is verrrrry slow , and not all of it shows up, like reflections and water in the ponds.
Any suggestions?
A Radeon 9200 would be sufficient I believe.. if not that.. then maybe a standard Radeon 9600 Pro
I'll have to remember to write that down in the morning
I use a ATI Radeon 9600 All-In-Wonder to play the Sims2 on..and it seams to run just fine....

It might not be your video card causing the lagginess, it might be CPU or RAM.

BUT! You don't need to get an ALL-IN-WONDER card like me...because you might not use all the features that it offers...like Video In, Video Out, etc...
Queen Katrina
what is a good video card that you need to play sims. It runs on my computer, yet, it is verrrrry slow , and not all of it shows up, like reflections and water in the ponds.
Any suggestions?

A simple GeForce 4 MX440 AGP card will handle what you throw at it. No need for overkill, if you are having issues after installing this card then up your RAM atleast to 256-512
jmdl1983

A simple GeForce 4 MX440 AGP card will handle what you throw at it. No need for overkill, if you are having issues after installing this card then up your RAM atleast to 256-512

I run the mobile version of this card, runs the sims2 just fine. Nice to see another person who doesn't believe in utter overkill in pc's. "Hey grandma, you getting any use outta that 6800 yet?"
*sigh* Just look at the minimum and maximum requirements (Sp?) of the Sims game and Buy a Card that is compatible with the maximum .... perhaps even bigger than the maximum
huntercrono
I use a ATI Radeon 9600 All-In-Wonder to play the Sims2 on..and it seams to run just fine....

BUT! You don't need to get an ALL-IN-WONDER card like me...because you might not use all the features that it offers...like Video In, Video Out, etc...

It's not the Ram or CPU. I just got a new motherboard and alot of memory , i think my brother said 64 gb of memory or something like that.
You can try to overclock your vcard a bit. It might give you the necessary extra bit to play the sims2 with acceptable performance and quality.
Queen Katrina
huntercrono

It's not the Ram or CPU. I just got a new motherboard and alot of memory , i think my brother said 64 gb of memory or something like that.
*laughs realllly hars* im sorry hun, but 64 bg of ram is way to big. maby maby i 64 gb hard drive, but im not sure. go to newegg and find a card that would work.

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
meh..............
Ok, before you can get advice from people who know what they are talking about do this. Right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop. Go down to properties and click that. Now tell us what it says under Computer.

Next thing. Go to start and then run. Type dxdiag in and press ok. It will take a second or two to complete the things. Now go over to the tab that says Display. Tell us what it says under Device.
ATI Radeon X300

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces