Welcome to Gaia! ::

For my 17 birthday, my friend got a netbook with Ubuntu on it. At first, I thought it wasn't gonna be a problem right before I wanted to start downloading Emulators and stuff. Instead, i have get WINE and all this other tech bullcrap.
Anyone know how to operate this?
we're not allowed to talk about emulation here, since it's grey area legality.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Sen Natsu
we're not allowed to talk about emulation here, since it's grey area legality.
I'm pretty sure we're allowed to talk about emulators, just not roms.
xSkullXFacex
At first, I thought it wasn't gonna be a problem right before I wanted to start downloading Emulators and stuff. Instead, i have get WINE and all this other tech bullcrap.
No, you don't. There are plenty of emulators in the Ubuntu repositories. Just open the software center and search for them.
xSkullXFacex
Anyone know how to operate this?
Yeah. It's really easy.

Just put out of your mind how you probably used Windows. Because this isn't Windows. This is the Ubuntu distribution of LInux. Ubuntu tries to make it as easy as possible, but it's still different. When you come to terms with that, it becomes easier to learn what to expect... And more importantly, what not to expect.

3,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
If you can't handle Ubuntu, I wouldn't want to suggest arch linux. Sell that laptop and buy a Mac.
keep working with the lappy. I'm a newbie with ubuntu also but have windows machines running beside it. I'm constantly suprised and amazed with how much better ubuntu does than the windows machines. Only problem I have is ubuntu is constantly bitching about SOMETHING i did wrong.

Like a previous poster said, it's so easy I manage to ******** it up somehow. (i run command line version only, no desktop)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff