Welcome to Gaia! ::

I recently started a class in web design and I only noticed today that my new computer won't play any Gifs. It won't play them as a preview in my files and it wont play them in my browser (I use both EI and Opera, neither work).

I'm running window's vista, more or less right out of the box. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to "turn on" gifs for my computer?
The only times I've had this happen is when firewall software is blocking them. Do you have Zone Alarm installed by chance?
machineman9v1
The only times I've had this happen is when firewall software is blocking them. Do you have Zone Alarm installed by chance?

no, I'm just running the norton trial that came with the system.
Are there no options on Norton about GIFs? After a quick search, some people say that the adblocking part of Norton may block some or all GIFs from playing. Are you able to change the settings to stop that?

Norton isn't really reccomended though.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Reverse Cascade
I recently started a class in web design and I only noticed today that my new computer won't play any Gifs. It won't play them as a preview in my files and it wont play them in my browser (I use both EI and Opera, neither work).

I'm running window's vista, more or less right out of the box. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to "turn on" gifs for my computer?
Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Multimedia -> Play animations in webpages

That's my only guess.

1,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I agree with the person above.

Also, if you want
There is a Photo Gif Editing Software called:
Jasc Animation Shop 3
try it out
It's not like a Photoshop but it's an easier way to make Gif's

Quick Reply