Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ultimalius's Princess

Friendly Shoujo

i'm working on building a gaming PC and while i've been working on buying the parts, i haven't had a chance to look at computer desks or chairs yet. this is my first build so please be nice :)

i've visited some other forums that recommend building your own desk but i'd rather buy a premade one. i was wondering if someone could suggest a type of desk or show me an example of their set up.

*i'm not looking for L-shaped desks
*i'd like my mouse and keyboard to be level to each other
*i want my tower to be at least 6" off the ground, preferably level with my monitor
*my tower is a full tower, it is about 22" tall, length-wise, about 27", give or take a few (it's still in plastic and the styrofoam)
*length-wise, i have 6-7 feet in my room to work with, possibly more
*i have no preference on whether it has drawers or more tiers or not

recommendations for chairs would also be great :) thanks for any advice!!

Dapper Explorer

3,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
For a desk, I would say to hunt down an IKEA Jerker or Fredrikon your local Craigslist. They're extremely utilitarian and very sturdy, they're usually in great condition. I picked up a Jerker with 2 of the swiveling platforms for $50.

For a chair, that's really up to your budget. The Herman-Miller Aeron is the most comfortable computer desk chairs I've ever had, It's also the most expensive. But the IKEA Markus is a good choice.

Yes. I like IKEA.

Ultimalius's Princess

Friendly Shoujo

EatingPancakes
its nice to finally see a positive review for IKEA! i have one nearby my home so it would be convenient to get something from there. and yes, my friend suggested that chair. it looks nice, maybe one day i'll get one :--) thanks for the input!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff