Welcome to Gaia! ::

so not punk's Husbando

Benevolent Humorist

I just got halo(1) for Pc I installed it and every thing but when i try to play it I get this
User Image

so not punk's Husbando

Benevolent Humorist

sry i this is the rong place to put this
Either run a driver update for your video card, or goto the manufactuer's site. They should have a downloads section. Find the driver for your card model, download and install.
Im not going to tell you exactly how crappy that card is, but even when you get it working the graphics will suck. Reccomend an upgrade, till then get the latest drivers for your card HERE

so not punk's Husbando

Benevolent Humorist

so not punk's Husbando

Benevolent Humorist

still not working
It could be that the game isn't supported by your VC. Get a new one.
Halo is known to be extremety cantankerous when it comes to your video hardware. Check the requirements for the game; problems with video are rather common. I'm sorry to say, but certain video cards and manufacturers are known to cause issues with Halo.

On a personal note, I think it was better off on the Xbox...

so not punk's Husbando

Benevolent Humorist

Uraken
Either run a driver update for your video card, or goto the manufactuer's site. They should have a downloads section. Find the driver for your card model, download and install.
I dont know how to "run a driver update for your video card"
I believe Halo is a GeForce based game, so try that card first. Go with something like the 6800.
Ichigo815
I believe Halo is a GeForce based game, so try that card first. Go with something like the 6800.

Let's...not send him out on a wild chase for a goose of gold, shall we?

A much cheaper card would do well, but still, would it really be worth the money? I don't know if you can run Halo on a mid-end GeForce3, but if you can, it just might be well worth it.
My roommate has played Halo 1 for PC with a 64mb Geforce4 MX440. He doesn't need the 6800....
Misharum Kittum
My roommate has played Halo 1 for PC with a 64mb Geforce4 MX440. He doesn't need the 6800....

Certainly not but an MX440 is at least three times as powerful as the ProSavage. Probably more. :/

// part-time S3 user
I was running halo perfectly on my Radeon 9000. Wich I think if you could acctully find the card, you could buy it for like 50$ blaugh
hah, true the 6800's are expensive, but seeing as how he doesnt change his graphics cards until they are years outdated, it would do him some good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff