Welcome to Gaia! ::

TPA Leafrex
dinom33p

Idk what I should be looking for in a Wireless Card. Will anyone do, or should I research those as well?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=50001157 4025&IsNodeId=1&Description=internal wireless card&name=$25 - $50&Order=BESTMATCH

My recommendation:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704133

PCIe and support for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Assuming your ISP is pushing the traffic, and your physical topology is capable, this card will allow 450Mbps downstream and upstream. Of course, this is assuming that you have a 'pristine' network environment.

folk rabbit's Princess

Shy Bookworm

Lraushtsen

The20

I don't understand this tech jargon ;_; I don't want to burden you with having to explain everything to me, so I'll some research and you don't have to if you don't want to, but can you tell me what you mean by standards and all that
TPA Leafrex
Lraushtsen

The20

I don't understand this tech jargon ;_; I don't want to burden you with having to explain everything to me, so I'll some research and you don't have to if you don't want to, but can you tell me what you mean by standards and all that
"Standard" is not really tech jargon. If you want to make a network work (or: "put the 'work' in 'network'" - gotta remember that one) everyone has to understand how it works, how the messages look and who says what when. If every company does their own thing their devices will only work with devices from the same company, but that would be stupid, so the whole operation (as well as certain parameters, like what frequency to use) is standardized, hence it's a standard. Now every device that respects that standard can work with every other device that respects that standard, regardless of manufacturer.

folk rabbit's Princess

Shy Bookworm

The20

Hm, okay, I think I somewhat understand. But if not everyone is using the same standard, doesn't that mean that not everyone is connected to each other on the internet? :v

folk rabbit's Princess

Shy Bookworm

wait no that was a stupid thing to say idk what im talking about ;_;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out