Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
I was booted off the internet while I was downloading something in Firefox. How do I start it up again?

1,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Erm... Bump?
1. No bumping in the C&T.
2. Firefox has a resume feature. Just go to Tools>Downloads and click resume next to the file you were downloading.

1,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
1. I'll remember that. Sorry.
2. Thank you 3nodding
In the latest couple version of Firefox, pressing CTRL+J opens the download window. You can cancel, resume, or retry from there. Be sure to clear it out when everything's done downloading, there was an issue at one time with a large list of finished downloads causing problems. I've never seen it happen, but the most files I've had in the list at once numbered between 40 and 50.

1,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Update! I pressed the resume button when it disconnected and nothing happened. There's no text showing how much time is left and the percentage bar hasn't moved for hours!
Try cancling it and trying Retry again. If it still fails, you'll need to get the link again. You could also try using a Downloading agent like GetRight, Download Accelerator, GoZilla, etc to download larger files if you have dialup.

1,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Skye Darkhawk
Try cancling it and trying Retry again. If it still fails, you'll need to get the link again. You could also try using a Downloading agent like GetRight, Download Accelerator, GoZilla, etc to download larger files if you have dialup.

Best idea I've heard all night. Appreciate it 3nodding
You could also try Star Downloader. It's what I used when I had 56k. It's free, unlike a lot of other ones which are free but limited.

http://www.stardownloader.com/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces