Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi,

I have a little bit of a problem with my wifi connection. I was surfing the internet with fine connectivity then all of sudden "limited internet connection". I did a troubleshooting thing and it said my problem was that the DNS server is not responding.

I have tried turning the router on and off. I have tried restarting the computer etc. I have tried ipconfig/flushdns

My operating system is Windows 8 the router D-Link 2750B.

This problem seems to have started since my college flat mate came on and is also trying to connect to the network. At the moment I am using her connection because she has not been able to put a password on it but that will not last long.

Here is the ipconfig/all for my wifi settings

User Image

Everyday Cat

Nah, your roommate wouldn't have had anything to do with it. Your ISP is likely having issues. You can give it a little bit and see if it resolves itself, or change your DNS server to OpenDNS or Google DNS.
Scriptkitten
Nah, your roommate wouldn't have had anything to do with it. Your ISP is likely having issues. You can give it a little bit and see if it resolves itself, or change your DNS server to OpenDNS or Google DNS.

You were right I think, I went shopping for groceries and by the time I got home it was working again.

Thank you, in case this sort of thing happens again I will look up openDNS and Google DNS.

Aged Werewolf

I would suggest you go see the ITS center of the college since you're connecting from the college.

Having a router with the same IP address as another will cause problems with the connection. See if the college accepts routers or you might have to change the router to a switch.
neodraconum
I would suggest you go see the ITS center of the college since you're connecting from the college.

Having a router with the same IP address as another will cause problems with the connection. See if the college accepts routers or you might have to change the router to a switch.

Oh okay. Well the college does not accept routers, I set mine up without their knowledge because I just thought that I pay a lot to live here and I deserve wifi internet to my phone and ipad, not this ancient ethernet cable.

Okay, if this continues to be a problem throughout the semester I will change to a switch. sad

Aged Werewolf

maybe change the router's ip address to something that doesn't conflict with the network.

-connect directly to the ethernet cable and find out what ip address you get from it.
-connect to the router(go to http://192.168.1.1) and change the ip settings of 192.168.1.1 to the new ip address

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff