Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Gaian

A week ago i got Directv installed in my home and i got the reciever with dvr and i noticed that it has two usb ports (one in the back and one in the front [it's covered behind the cover]) i looked in the manual to see what they were used for and all that it says is "for future use" (yeah, that helped me) my friends don't know either cause they either have Dish Network or Comcast. So if anybody with a directv drv knows what the usb ports are used, please answer and Thank You!
The USB ports are there for external storage devices. You could connect a flash drive or external hard drive to expand the capacity otherwise offered by your dvr/pvr. You won't be able to transfer video from there to your computer as the content that is stored is not your typical unprotected video file. But if you're running out of room on your internal drive or plan on recording an awful lot of shows then adding external storage can be a life saver.

Shy Gaian

Minion4Hire
The USB ports are there for external storage devices. You could connect a flash drive or external hard drive to expand the capacity otherwise offered by your dvr/pvr. You won't be able to transfer video from there to your computer as the content that is stored is not your typical unprotected video file. But if you're running out of room on your internal drive or plan on recording an awful lot of shows then adding external storage can be a life saver.
Thank You and which external/flash drive would you recommend? incase i were to use up my dvr memory?

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
SexyLatino
Minion4Hire
Thank You and which external/flash drive would you recommend? incase i were to use up my dvr memory?
There's not much you can recommend when it comes to USB flash drives. They're basically the same depending on the amount of data that they can hold. Any is fine as long as your comfortable with the amount of space.

Shy Gaian

x_Mr Snowman_x
SexyLatino
Minion4Hire
There's not much you can recommend when it comes to USB flash drives. They're basically the same depending on the amount of data that they can hold. Any is fine as long as your comfortable with the amount of space.
Thanks for the info. i really have alot of room in my DVR, cause i only have two shows (series) being recorded everyday. Once again, thank you for everyone who has answered my questions!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff