Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Elder

10,915 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Trying to connect HP computer to Samsung HDTV, the display is coming up garbled

http://min.us/ie14BMFXnzH6I

My pc has both VGA and DVI inputs but my tv only has VGA so that is what I used.

PinkSmol420's Prince

Shy Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Link doesn't work.

Not to sound rude, but did you check that the cables are connected properly and that the tv is set to the right input?
synthglitch
Link doesn't work.

Not to sound rude, but did you check that the cables are connected properly and that the tv is set to the right input?

Link works for me.

PinkSmol420's Prince

Shy Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Disconsented
synthglitch
Link doesn't work.

Link works for me.

I'm on my iPhone, so that could be part of it,
the link said the page was expired or didn't exist.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

What's the refresh rate of your tv...and also, what is the refresh rate for your tv on your computer? Last time I tried hooking up a tv with VGA I had to manually change that setting before it would work.

Dapper Elder

10,915 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Sorry everyone, for some reason the default res was giving me grief but every other one appears to be working, so onto my next question. How do I optimize my visual settings? Currently this is very hard on my eyes. It's too bright, is there any way I can adjust the brightness for my PC without simply lowering the brightness on my tv screen? Also I've played around with resolution and font size DPI but I still have to strain to look at the screen. What am I doing wrong?

Interesting Informer

Lower the TV brightness?

TVs are designed to be viewed from 2-6 meters away, monitors are designed for about 2-4 feet

The only reason you can control your laptop monitor brightness is because other monitors are built-in.

Dapper Elder

10,915 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
That doesn't appear to help. I feel nauseous looking at the screen, after looking at it for only a few seconds.
Althea Lynn
That doesn't appear to help. I feel nauseous looking at the screen, after looking at it for only a few seconds.
refresh rate?

Dapper Elder

10,915 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Sen Natsu
Althea Lynn
refresh rate?

75 hertz
Althea Lynn
Sen Natsu
Althea Lynn
refresh rate?

75 hertz
try changing it.

Dapper Elder

10,915 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Sen Natsu
Althea Lynn
Sen Natsu
Althea Lynn
refresh rate?

75 hertz
try changing it.

That's as high as it goes, and from what I understand higher is better.
Althea Lynn
Sen Natsu
Althea Lynn
Sen Natsu
Althea Lynn
refresh rate?

75 hertz
try changing it.

That's as high as it goes, and from what I understand higher is better.

What happens at 60 and/or 59 Hz?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces