Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What is ur fav. windows operating system

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 11, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

I Got spyware on my windows XP comp. whats the best way to get rid off it?
spybot search and destroy
look on Download.com
Both Spybot S&T, and Adaware SE personal work well in conjunction. Also the Spyware blaster helps stop programs from even forming.
best way to stop it on xp...

THERE ISN'T ONE

however using a web browser like firefox does help a lot
once the programes are removed

to remove the programes

you could try spybot but beware that contains spyware so you will need a nother thing to get rid of spybots like avg use them both together and you will get most NOT ALL but most of it gone

also try firewalls microsoft SP2 is resanobal

*sorry about spelling*
King.Gilgamesh
best way to stop it on xp...

THERE ISN'T ONE

however using a web browser like firefox does help a lot
once the programes are removed

to remove the programes

you could try spybot but beware that contains spyware so you will need a nother thing to get rid of spybots like avg use them both together and you will get most NOT ALL but most of it gone

also try firewalls microsoft SP2 is resanobal

*sorry about spelling*

This is complete nonsense.

- Spybot does not contain spyware

- Even if it did, AVG would not be able to get rid of it - AVG is an antivirus, not an antispyware

- Firewalls will not protect you from most spyware (they're still essential, but nothing to do with the original poster's problem)

- It's perfectly possible to avoid spyware on Windows XP - I spend several hours per day online, and have never had a single piece of spyware on my computer.

As other people have said, there are several good anti-spyware tools. I find that Microsoft Antispyware is the best, but Spybot and AdAware are also good.

For best results, you should install the antispyware program, then restart your computer in Safe Mode to scan it.
Oh, and for the record, we don't convert. So no no more telling him to use Firefox.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff