Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Loiterer

Lately I've been connecting to the internet but I cannot run any internet applications. I think it is because I'm reciving way more bytes of information then I'm sending is this because of some kind of spyware or something, none of my three aplications are picking it up and I'm using, AVG, Spybot, and Adaware, none of them can detect a problem but I assume it's spyware.
Calisto Coon
Lately I've been connecting to the internet but I cannot run any internet applications. I think it is because I'm reciving way more bytes of information then I'm sending is this because of some kind of spyware or something, none of my three aplications are picking it up and I'm using, AVG, Spybot, and Adaware, none of them can detect a problem but I assume it's spyware.

What exactly happens when you try to run a program?
Recieving more packets than you send is normal, My current sent packets is around 3 million whereas my recieved is up at 30 million.

Theres probably a configuration error somewhere.

Magical Loiterer

Ichigo815
Calisto Coon

Well it fails to connect to the program I've ran though all the normal cures, you know removing the firewall uninstalling any new installted programs, rolling back to a succesful log in, reinstalling my modem.

EDIT: SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO RESPOND MY COMPUTER CONNECTION WAS DROPPED
Calisto Coon
Ichigo815
Calisto Coon

Well it fails to connect to the program I've ran though all the normal cures, you know removing the firewall uninstalling any new installted programs, rolling back to a succesful log in, reinstalling my modem.

What do you mean fails to connect? Like AIM or something not being able to connect?

Magical Loiterer

Ichigo815
Calisto Coon
Ichigo815
Calisto Coon

What do you mean fails to connect? Like AIM or something not being able to connect?
Sorry my connection failed again, anyways it refuses to connect to any internet application.

Magical Loiterer

I'm also running a dial up modem. 56k micromodem.

Magical Loiterer

My connection rate is also alot lower then usual but that doesn't worry me any.

Magical Loiterer

If anyone has any advice it would be great, it has been bothering me for weeks.

Magical Loiterer

Is this problem unsolvable, because maybe I should just install windows I've ran the repair disk.
Is it possible that your ISP has implemented DNS servers or some other form of gateway, and you have missed the memo?

Since you're using dialup, see if you can dial a different number. And by the way, there are a few free dialup services out there...I'm using one of them, but it's only for western Washington and New England. There are other services, but their coverage is limited, and sometimes, so is the time for your connection.

Magical Loiterer

Phoenix_bird of fire
Is it possible that your ISP has implemented DNS servers or some other form of gateway, and you have missed the memo?

Since you're using dialup, see if you can dial a different number. And by the way, there are a few free dialup services out there...I'm using one of them, but it's only for western Washington and New England. There are other services, but their coverage is limited, and sometimes, so is the time for your connection.
Well when I dial up it makes a funny noise, I just turned my modem speaker on and it was like a static noise over everything.
Calisto Coon
When I dial up it makes a funny noise, I just turned my modem speaker on and it was like a static noise over everything.

The funny noises are normal. You should have the dialing sound first, then a warbling screech, then a multi-toned sequence, then white noise...

Wait, what do you mean? Funny as in paranormal?

Magical Loiterer

Phoenix_bird of fire
Calisto Coon
When I dial up it makes a funny noise, I just turned my modem speaker on and it was like a static noise over everything.

The funny noises are normal. You should have the dialing sound first, then a warbling screech, then a multi-toned sequence, then white noise...

Wait, what do you mean? Funny as in paranormal?
oh god lets not got there, there is a static that is abnormal that overlays it all.
Calisto Coon
oh god lets not got there

What, what did I say? ninja

Quote:
there is a static that is abnormal that overlays it all.

Hm. Try using a different phone line, if you have one. Also, if your phone and computer aren't on the same line, connect a phone to your computer's line and try placing a call. If there's still a lot of static on the line, you may have problems. Oh, but don't forget to make sure that the cord isn't too close to electrical equipment...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff