Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aurora Quartz's Princess

Interesting Humorist

11,715 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Befriended 100
" I want to upgrade. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. Crappy, right? I want to sell it. Do you think 150$ is fair? Or 125?

I want a 2-in-1 tabtop. Yes, awesome.

I've been looking at one on Amazon, it's the ASUS transformer book (http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-T100TA-C1-WH-Detachable-Touchscreen-Laptop/dp/B00KX8OLN6/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i)

I like to draw. So a major requirement of mine is that it runs Adobe Flash (for animating), Photoshop, and Paint Tool Sai.

I'm pretty techy, so I've been looking at the specs and such and comparing to my old dinky laptop. Honestly, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it would be.

But I don't want to spend 500$. 300 is about all I can do, and that's WITH selling the dinky dell I have for a decent price over 100.

If you have any other suggestions and comments, shoot. I mostly wanna know: Will it run what I want? Could I sell my dell for around 150? Do you have ideas of other tabtops that would have decent specs to run everything I want with enough storage under like... 400?

Pls help for I am frustrated and urggggghhh it hurts my head. "
I wouldn't get such a hideous thing and rely on it for Adobe programs, especially Flash (which I have LOTS of experience with -- if you don't know Macromedia Flash Pro 8, then you're too young).

With the new Adobe programs, I would say you at least need 4GB of RAM. But if you were to pirate the older ones, CS3 or CS4 (which majority of people do anyways, and it's the only way to get the older ones, so idgaf), then it would probably run them since they aren't too intense on the physical memory/RAM. And the touch screen... Trust me, even with this thing being touchscreen, doesn't mean you can draw with your fingers (I have a touchscreen laptop, and I have tried it).

In all honesty, I wouldn't rely on a tablet (or "tabtop", as you call it) for Adobe programs at all. The price is too high for the performance it provides for you. I recommend you either get a cheap laptop (with at least 4GB RAM & a decent video card [for AE or Premiere]; you don't want your Adobe programs crashing and crapping on you) and get a drawing tablet (Wacom, as I recommend) and just go with it. I'm sure you'll find a good one in your price range. Or perhaps... you could build a cheap computer and get about the same or better performance for the bang of your bucks. If you're interested in doing so, I'd refer builds from PCPartPicker.

Anyways, I hope this kind of discouraged you to buy a "tabtop".
Remamber: Performace > Features
You can get an Acer Transformer for that price, and it will function reasonably well for general use, and should handle Photoshop okay as well, as long as you're not working with super high resolutions.

Flash will run, and theoretically be fully functional, but you're going to encounter issues when working with large projects. It can be done, but it'll be frustrating.

Aurora Quartz's Princess

Interesting Humorist

11,715 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Befriended 100
The Only Sentinel
I wouldn't get such a hideous thing and rely on it for Adobe programs, especially Flash (which I have LOTS of experience with -- if you don't know Macromedia Flash Pro 8, then you're too young).

With the new Adobe programs, I would say you at least need 4GB of RAM. But if you were to pirate the older ones, CS3 or CS4 (which majority of people do anyways, and it's the only way to get the older ones, so idgaf), then it would probably run them since they aren't too intense on the physical memory/RAM. And the touch screen... Trust me, even with this thing being touchscreen, doesn't mean you can draw with your fingers (I have a touchscreen laptop, and I have tried it).

In all honesty, I wouldn't rely on a tablet (or "tabtop", as you call it) for Adobe programs at all. The price is too high for the performance it provides for you. I recommend you either get a cheap laptop (with at least 4GB RAM & a decent video card [for AE or Premiere]; you don't want your Adobe programs crashing and crapping on you) and get a drawing tablet (Wacom, as I recommend) and just go with it. I'm sure you'll find a good one in your price range. Or perhaps... you could build a cheap computer and get about the same or better performance for the bang of your bucks. If you're interested in doing so, I'd refer builds from PCPartPicker.

Anyways, I hope this kind of discouraged you to buy a "tabtop".
Remamber: Performace > Features

" Lol, I've heard of Flash Pro 8 but never used it. I use cs6.

I figured it would take about 4GB of RAM, but wanted to see what everyone else thought.

I would never draw on something like that with my fingers, are you crazy? I have a drawing tablet. Wacom is okay, but I went with a different brand this year - I'm hoping it works good. I have a way old version of the Bamboo.

I'm building a computer in my concepts of pc hardware class this spring. But I want something portable and I don't think building a laptop would be very practical or cheap.

I wasn't looking at it for the features, to be honest I was kind of skeptical about getting windows 8 because windows 7 for the win. Idk how I'll do in a tablet interface but whatever. I need some kind of an upgrade from my crappy one.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. Is there a certain laptop that you would recommend that might be cheap enough and run what I want? "

Aurora Quartz's Princess

Interesting Humorist

11,715 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Befriended 100
-=[Lord.Necros]=-
You can get an Acer Transformer for that price, and it will function reasonably well for general use, and should handle Photoshop okay as well, as long as you're not working with super high resolutions.

Flash will run, and theoretically be fully functional, but you're going to encounter issues when working with large projects. It can be done, but it'll be frustrating.

" I would only run it in the resolution it came in.

I don'd do anything too large in flash anyways. It's not like my programs crash on my laptop as it is now.

Maybe I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Idk. I just figured an upgrade would be a good idea.

What else would you recommend? "

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces