Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Fairy

7,400 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Tycoon 200
I'm looking for a laptop and I'm hoping one of you can suggest me a certain brand or model that meets what I'm looking for:

Intel 7 Quad Cor (3rd Gen)
8GB RAM
Good Air flow/venting
15.6 - 17.3 inch screen (bigger preferred)

Price range anywhere from free to $1000
What are you going to be using it for?
Not sure about the airflow part but here are some good recommendations...
http://wuggee.com/laptop/toshiba-satellite-s875-s7370.html
http://wuggee.com/laptop/acer-aspire-v3-771g-9809.html
http://wuggee.com/laptop/hp-envy-dv7-7250us.html
http://wuggee.com/laptop/dell-inspiron-i17r-1842slv.html
What are you going to use it for?

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The reason we're asking what you're going to use it for is because there's no use recommending a sports car if you need a 4x4 or a small run around.

You'll either get your a** stuck halfway up a carn or you'll have wasted a lot of money on a V12 you're not going to use (not to imagine the insane insurance/tax/petrol costs).
If you are looking for something with that much power, then you are better off with a desktop. Something like that will be tremendously pricey.

Enduring Friend

The rose in spring
If you are looking for something with that much power, then you are better off with a desktop. Something like that will be tremendously pricey.

Would you please stop popping into threads mentioning desktops when they have no place in the threads (two in a row now. Bit annoying.)?

Also, an i7 with 8 GB is not trememdously pricy whatsoever at all. There are lots of them for under 800$ even.
elemein
The rose in spring

Would you please stop popping into threads mentioning desktops when they have no place in the threads (two in a row now. Bit annoying.)?

Also, an i7 with 8 GB is not trememdously pricy whatsoever at all. There are lots of them for under 800$ even.

But the purpose wanes for an i7 if it's not utilized heavily. Something you won't do in a laptop. I'm only here to prevent people from making a terrible consumer decision.

Enduring Friend

The rose in spring
elemein
The rose in spring

But the purpose wanes for an i7 if it's not utilized heavily. Something you won't do in a laptop. I'm only here to prevent people from making a terrible consumer decision.

You're kidding, right?

You cant utilize a laptop heavily? Are you serious?

Why would they make mobile i7's if they were "a terrible consumer decision"?

Stop being so close minded. Some people need laptops and power in the same package. Desktops isnt the end-all-be-all, and if the OP isnt looking for one, dont suggest one.
elemein
The rose in spring
elemein
The rose in spring

You're kidding, right?

You cant utilize a laptop heavily? Are you serious?

Why would they make mobile i7's if they were "a terrible consumer decision"?

Stop being so close minded. Some people need laptops and power in the same package. Desktops isnt the end-all-be-all, and if the OP isnt looking for one, dont suggest one.

It's called marketing. If a company makes a product, they want to produce chaply and sell high. Or in other words, a laptop. Just because a processor will never reach its full capacity does not mean that they can't market it.

Enduring Friend

The rose in spring

It's called marketing. If a company makes a product, they want to produce chaply and sell high. Or in other words, a laptop. Just because a processor will never reach its full capacity does not mean that they can't market it.

So let me get this straight.

You're saying that just because I have a laptop with an i7, I will never ever be able to use all the capabilities of the i7? But if I have a desktop, I can?

Let's hear this s**t.
I do not think OP wants to see people arguing on her thread once she returns. Please take it to PM. sad
elemein
The rose in spring

You're saying that just because I have a laptop with an i7, I will never ever be able to use all the capabilities of the i7? But if I have a desktop, I can?

Let's hear this s**t.

Immediately no. People who require that sort of power would not have a laptop unless they had a special reason but as time progresses things may change.

Enduring Friend

Disconsented
elemein
The rose in spring

Let's hear this s**t.

Immediately no. People who require that sort of power would not have a laptop unless they had a special reason but as time progresses things may change.

It's actually quite common for people to have a "special reason" as gaming laptops are getting more and more popular. If everyone was as cookie-cutter as rose describes, we'd all have Intel Atom N2600's, but until we all become uniform like that, I'll happily churn away playing Battlefield on my Quad Core + CrossFireX machine. What applies to one does not apply to all is my point. The OP may have a "special reason" if he's asking for an i7, so we cant assume he wont need it as he may indeed need it.

What he's using it for? Dunno yet. We'll find out when he replies back.
@Rose: Hello

@elemein: I take it that you do not build computers? Desktops have several advantages that prevent them from fading away. Gaming is one of them and honestly, the "Gaming" laptop isn't all that impressive and you cannot upgrade their video at least not for now. I get that there is a need for mobility, but I have an iphone for that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff