Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yet again, my ineptitude for coding rears it's ugly head. My abilities at C++ are much more honed than at Flash, but still, I'm trying my hand in Flash. My newest issue is this: I am making a Flash Game where the buttons must disappear after being clicked, do something to a variable in the main movie, then appear later. To my knowledge, there are two way to do this, neither of which I can do correctly.

1) I could create a movie within the main movie, which I can do, and cause the frame to change one in either direction, which I can do, but what I cannot do is make the variable change in the main area. Anyone know how to do this?

2) To make the button in the main movie, but then make it disappear and reappear. No idea on this. I tried the MyButton._visible = FALSE, but that didn't work. Again, any suggestions?

Anyway, thanks for reading. And please, if you have any suggestions, I would be overjoyed to hear them.

Thank you.
yea using MyButton._visible = FALSE wont work. you can just make a seperate layer for the button so you can make that whole layer dissapear when you want it to. Since the button (or buttons) are on a seperate layer when you turn it off the buttons will only dissapear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff