Welcome to Gaia! ::

we're already on fixed income and now the internet provider has gone up to $7 more, which isnt much but the internet was already $39.99 D; so im either gonna have to remove my internet completely or find some cheaper one. I don't have a cell phone so Ima needing something much cheaper D;

Aged Lunatic

Simplest thing to do is google up "Internet Providers" and your specific town/city or such.

There's no real way for us to ballpark you any suggestions because providers vary dramatically city to city.

Alternatively, a lot of ISP's will give you a new promotional rate (as in a lower bill for a year usually) if you call them up and ask them about getting a lower rate else you'll switch to another provider.
Synapt
Simplest thing to do is google up "Internet Providers" and your specific town/city or such.

There's no real way for us to ballpark you any suggestions because providers vary dramatically city to city.

Alternatively, a lot of ISP's will give you a new promotional rate (as in a lower bill for a year usually) if you call them up and ask them about getting a lower rate else you'll switch to another provider.

i live in the sticks in south georgia so its hard to get AT&T to even work there. I tried many but they say they're not avaiable to my region D8

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Newbie Newb

14,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
the lower your internet plan the less likely your internet is going to work properly... and btw don't go with Comcast their horrible always in the news lol..I'd stick to paying that extra $7.00 if all possible.
ayanetong
we're already on fixed income and now the internet provider has gone up to $7 more, which isnt much but the internet was already $39.99 D; so im either gonna have to remove my internet completely or find some cheaper one. I don't have a cell phone so Ima needing something much cheaper D;
You're not going to find anything much cheaper. Anyone who sells you DSL service still has to go through your phone line provider to do it, and they charge a fixed rate - sometimes an ISP will take a hit and charge less, but that's not very common. The best you can hope for is to find out if your current ISP or another in your area offers a "low income plan," which may be slightly better.

I will, however, echo another poster and say don't use Comcast (or Time Warner, for that matter). Their low income plan is awful, and very few people have even managed to get it, let alone get it working for them. There's a reason they're the five-years-running nation's lowest-rated ISP in customer service and satisfaction.
here are some ideas to help you out

comcast has nationwide hotspots you can learn more about what might be in your area here

you can try a library they have wifi and there own wired computer networks

you can try a friends house computer they may have both wifi and there home computer wired to the modem

some places that offer employment services offer limited internet services you can check them out

some low income families with children often qualify for reduced internet prices to help there children thru school comcast is one provider of such this service and you can read about that here
even if you dont have comcast you can ask your service provider if they have something like this

i hope this helps out
Kennstro
the lower your internet plan the less likely your internet is going to work properly... and btw don't go with Comcast their horrible always in the news lol..I'd stick to paying that extra $7.00 if all possible.

my family has been with comcast for years now and we have never had any issues so idk i think it depends on who handles your services and if they truly understand what you need

Newbie Newb

14,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
XII-LH-SSC-IIX
Kennstro

my family has been with comcast for years now and we have never had any issues so idk i think it depends on who handles your services and if they truly understand what you need

Well Comcast has been in the news for a while for like horrible assistants and telling their customers that their going to force some stuff rather the customer likes it or not and some other bs I just wouldn't use them personally

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff