Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Friend

14,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Hi, I got a new laptop called Aspire V7-482PG-5642 Touchscreen Ultrabook but I can't and don't remember how to get it to charge my iphone while the ultrabook sleeps (and has lid down) whether its plugged in or not. I tried googling up what settings I need to change so it can charge my iphone while the lid is down and ultrabook asleep.

I have only gotten it to charge if i change the battery settings on my computer to "do nothing" when the lid is closed.
I found this:
Here are the steps to get your external device (USB) charged even when the computer is in sleep mode
a. Click Start -> in the start search field type: Device Manager, press enter.
If you are prompted for access either press continue or supply the necessary username and password.
b. When Device Manager opens, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers category.
c. Here you will see several USB Root Hub listings, for each right-click and select Properties.
d. In the properties window, click Power Management.
e. Uncheck ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’, click OK.
Repeat the same steps for all the other USB Root Hub entries.
also
Check Power options, Advanced settings - change plan settings, change advanced power settings, usb settings, usb selective suspend setting, and change to disabled

Loyal Friend

14,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Miragen

Thank you for the advice blaugh
I have found that too and tried it but it doesn't work
Someone had this as a solution:

Finally got it. Tried so hard, after so many settings trial and error, restarts and updates, bios configuration, etc...

I set everything like u did, "usb controllers are set to not allow the pc to turn off the usb, (box unchecked) and the usb selective suspend mode in advanced power settings is set to disabled. BIOS set "Enable wake on USB" as well".

After that i went to 'mice and pointing device' in 'device manager', set the 'HID-compliant mouse' to 'allow the device to wake computer' (check the box in power management). It works for me, not sure if it will for you-

However it could just be that your laptop doesn't allow for these actions, which means you can either just plug it into a socket, or just don't put your laptop on sleep mode whilst charging.

Loyal Friend

14,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Miragen
Someone had this as a solution:

Finally got it. Tried so hard, after so many settings trial and error, restarts and updates, bios configuration, etc...

I set everything like u did, "usb controllers are set to not allow the pc to turn off the usb, (box unchecked) and the usb selective suspend mode in advanced power settings is set to disabled. BIOS set "Enable wake on USB" as well".

After that i went to 'mice and pointing device' in 'device manager', set the 'HID-compliant mouse' to 'allow the device to wake computer' (check the box in power management). It works for me, not sure if it will for you-

However it could just be that your laptop doesn't allow for these actions, which means you can either just plug it into a socket, or just don't put your laptop on sleep mode whilst charging.

I'll try that and thanks again blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces