Welcome to Gaia! ::

yeah, ive used my CD burner MANY many times, and no problems. however, today i tried to Create/burn a CD of various Video Game songs for a small project im working on, but for some reason, once the CD was burned, and once i listened to it, nearly all the songs have a distortion to them. i mean, they play fine, but every few seconds on each song, you can hear a clicking/squeaking noise, that sounds a lot like someone wiping glass. i tried burning the CD again, but it did the same thing. then, i tried burning a different CD, with different songs, and they cam out fine. just when i try to burn the video game music CD, it messes up.

i was wondering, why did this happen, and what can i do to get the CD to burn properly, without the crappy interference?
sounds like its the files themselves to me
agreed. Also, the songs might have excessively high or excessively low notes that cause the speakers to not respond properly, try using different headphones/speakers. Also try burning the CD at a lower speed.
Mirukuko
agreed. Also, the songs might have excessively high or excessively low notes that cause the speakers to not respond properly, try using different headphones/speakers. Also try burning the CD at a lower speed.

i was considering it might be the speed. though i KNOW its not the files, cause i previewed them before i burnt them, and they sound perfect. tis only once their put on the CD that they messed up. so im guessing its the CD Burn Speed. so, then, what speed do you think would be appropriate for burning? theres 30 tracks in all, but theyre all relatively short and small.. the longest song is only around 2 minutes.
The lowest your drive supports is optimal. 8x is a reasonable speed if you're impatient.
Mirukuko
The lowest your drive supports is optimal. 8x is a reasonable speed if you're impatient.

ah. ok. the default was on 32, but ill try 8 or lower and see if that helps. thanks a lot. biggrin
Well DAMN. i reburned at 8x and it didnt fix the problem entirely. it got rid of a GREAT deal of the weird noises i kept hearing, but theres still a few here or there. so its better than it was, and its actually listable now, but its still there x.x; but i guess this will do for now, unless anyone has any other suggestions.
Start a 1x burn when you go to sleep tonight, check the integrity in the morning when you wake up. I think that may fix your problem.
i would, only my CD burner program can only go to 8x at the lowest.. i thought it went lower, but it doesnt.. but i guess i can live with it the way it is.. i think part of it is not the files themselves, but the quality of the songs. the songs i was burning are from a pretty old video game, Sonic 3 from Sega Genesis to be exact. i wont go into gaming details, but the songs are of a weird quality.. but, they play, and you atleast hear them, so i guess itll be ok as it is.
Try using LAME or something to convert them to 44.1KHz refresh before burning.
Could be the files themselves...they could have some protection on them...still go online to look for them, someone was bound to have done it and put it online wink
Oathium
Could be the files themselves...they could have some protection on them...still go online to look for them, someone was bound to have done it and put it online wink

yeah, but i got them from file planet, and they worked fine until burned.
SadisticEuphoria
yeah, ive used my CD burner MANY many times, and no problems. however, today i tried to Create/burn a CD of various Video Game songs for a small project im working on, but for some reason, once the CD was burned, and once i listened to it, nearly all the songs have a distortion to them. i mean, they play fine, but every few seconds on each song, you can hear a clicking/squeaking noise, that sounds a lot like someone wiping glass. i tried burning the CD again, but it did the same thing. then, i tried burning a different CD, with different songs, and they cam out fine. just when i try to burn the video game music CD, it messes up.

i was wondering, why did this happen, and what can i do to get the CD to burn properly, without the crappy interference?

Its white noise, your dead rat is trying to communicate with you, sorry that was a joke but probably it is just the files.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff