Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Player

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
It was still alright last night.
Today I bring it back to work and opened the netbook. ( Eee PC)
Then it load like usual, But then after the loading it went all blank black, With a cursor.
No, the cursor's not blinking, It's just there. I could move it, but there's no other response.
I don't know what to deal with it, There's some urgent documents I needed inside.
KlOKU
Then it load like usual, But then after the loading it went all blank black, With a cursor.
No, the cursor's not blinking, It's just there. I could move it, but there's no other response.
I don't know what to deal with it, There's some urgent documents I needed inside.

Boot into Safe Mode (The option for safe mode should be given at the screen that appears when you initially turn the computer on). Once you boot up into safe mode, go to:

Start -> Computer -> Right Click your C: Drive -> Properties -> Tools -> Error Checking. Select "Automatically Fix File System Errors". It will tell you that you have to schedule the disk check for the next time your computer boots. Restart your computer and let it run.

Try this and get back to me with the results.

Magnetic Player

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
l_Shamrock_l
KlOKU

Boot into Safe Mode (The option for safe mode should be given at the screen that appears when you initially turn the computer on). Once you boot up into safe mode, go to:

Start -> Computer -> Right Click your C: Drive -> Properties -> Tools -> Error Checking. Select "Automatically Fix File System Errors". It will tell you that you have to schedule the disk check for the next time your computer boots. Restart your computer and let it run.

Try this and get back to me with the results.

Safe mode leads me to the same result.
Blank black screen with cursor.
/OTL
Assuming you're using Windows, if you have the Windows CD for your operating system, boot from the CD (Boot Menu button in the initial boot screen will let you choose which device to boot from).

When in, there should be options to fix operating system errors. Run through it. Don't choose the install, don't choose to format or partition your drive, simply run through the Windows fix.

Magnetic Player

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
l_Shamrock_l
Assuming you're using Windows, if you have the Windows CD for your operating system, boot from the CD (Boot Menu button in the initial boot screen will let you choose which device to boot from).

When in, there should be options to fix operating system errors. Run through it. Don't choose the install, don't choose to format or partition your drive, simply run through the Windows fix.

I'm using window 7 on my netbook, which doesn't have a disk drive.
I have the bootable pen drive for that though.
I tried to boot it, but I don't seems to get in to the menu to choose the boot device.
I tried to change the boot priority into "removable device" since USB = removable device? ;;
But yeah, it didn't boot my pendrive, sadly.
I went to the shop with my netbook, the technician wasn't there.
They say that was a sign of virus infection, and might need to reformat.. /OTL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces