Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Noob

I just bought a new external 1.5TB drive but i had one lost connection mid transfer so far and the box it came in was questionable.

So, is it ok to hit cancel on this checkdisk running without causing a problem? It is taking over 9 hours and i need to get work done on the computer it is running on. :[

extra info so you don't lecture me:
-usb cable is snug
-did not drop it, shake it, spill liquid on it
-(online order from newegg) box had a big gash in it that looked like someone tried to open it but the contents were still tied up and wrapped.
-i don't want to deal with the warranty customer service until i am positive it is broken
-drive turns on and runs...? idk why i should need to say that but seriously i don't want any dumb lectures on unrelated things
-yes i should have probably downloaded a better utility but i didnt know it would take this long
-drive is NTFS
-not using the comp running it atm
Canceling the checkdisk shouldn't cause a problem. Although at the end it should tell you if there's any bad sectors on the device.
Mental Sedative
Canceling the checkdisk shouldn't cause a problem. Although at the end it should tell you if there's any bad sectors on the device.
It WILL cause an issue, and it will only check for bad sectors only if the B switch is enabled.

Please, dont' give bad advice.

@OP: just let it finish or you'll need to recover EVERYTHING.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff