Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
I am looking into getting a used 3DS but was told not to because then the AR won't work... why?

Invisible Genius

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
it could be the camera(?)
is it AR as in AR cards
or AR as in Action Replay?

both of them are useless,
AR is just using cards for Specal feateres such as;pokedex3ds, ar card(app come w/ it&cards)

they haven't made an AR specially made for 3DS

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
LunarShift
is it AR as in AR cards

AR is just using cards for Specal feateres such as;pokedex3ds, ar card(app come w/ it&cards)

lol no not action replay of course.

What if they release a special pokemon using AR?!

Invisible Genius

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
felinoel
LunarShift
is it AR as in AR cards

it wouldn't really be important, you don't get pokemon in the 3ds pokedex by ar cards(not all of them). you get it by spot pass

Rainbow Entrepreneur

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
these are all that come with it and there would be no reason why they wouldn't work with a used one its not special for one person you have to redo everything every time you use AR cards http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ar_download.jsp hope you enjoy yours Fel as much as I enjoy mine biggrin

Beloved Phantom

felinoel
I am looking into getting a used 3DS but was told not to because then the AR won't work... why?

I'm still confused...
          Are you afraid the *cards* won't work? That's not a huge deal, because as the last poster pointed out, you can download just about any of the cards...

If you're worried the dual-cameras won't work then stop worrying. In fact, if you want, go into the store you intend on getting this system from with a printed-out "?" AR card, and ask them if you can test it. A good friend of mine got hers at the local Gamestop, and it works perfectly fine, but again, feel free to check. If the hardware doesn't work, Gamestop I know will let you bring it back for either a refund or complete trade, since they guarantee the system to work.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
LunarShift
felinoel
LunarShift
is it AR as in AR cards

it wouldn't really be important, you don't get pokemon in the 3ds pokedex by ar cards(not all of them). you get it by spot pass
But what if they decide to do something special?

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Angelicpersona_88
these are all that come with it and there would be no reason why they wouldn't work with a used one its not special for one person you have to redo everything every time you use AR cards http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ar_download.jsp hope you enjoy yours Fel as much as I enjoy mine biggrin
Thanks all, guess I will get a used one then!

PinkSmol420's Prince

Shy Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Just my two cents on this, having owned a 3ds and now the 3ds xl, don't worry about the cards, they are just 'cosmetic' save for the '?' Which lets you play the ar games. When they release a special Pokemon, it's through spot pass/mystery gift at a participating store (usually GameStop) which the current special I believe just ended 4 days ago.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
synthglitch
Just my two cents on this, having owned a 3ds and now the 3ds xl, don't worry about the cards, they are just 'cosmetic' save for the '?' Which lets you play the ar games. When they release a special Pokemon, it's through spot pass/mystery gift at a participating store (usually GameStop) which the current special I believe just ended 4 days ago.
But you don't know that they won't release a future special using the cards...

PinkSmol420's Prince

Shy Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
felinoel
synthglitch

That is true, that was just based off of what has been done so far, it would be nice to see ar cards have more use.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
synthglitch
felinoel
synthglitch

That is true, that was just based off of what has been done so far, it would be nice to see ar cards have more use.
I'm just glad they stopped doing what they originally did for events...
Go for the 3DS XL if you can. After playing a demo, I so want one.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Zilla brad
Go for the 3DS XL if you can. After playing a demo, I so want one.
Any reason?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces