Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexillion
kenjitamura
Agreed with the GTX 760 over 660. My only other comment would be that an SSD would be a good investment. Though if you want to get the main essentials out of the way for now and then down the road add in an SSD that would work too.
This is what I'm leaning towards.

Just be aware that SSD cards cost more money and carry less storage. That gap is closing however.

Shy Gaian

God Emperor Baldur
Hatchback Romance
I built a PC for the same price with a GTX 770 and an AMD 8-core 2.1GHz processor, I skimped on my HDD cause I have an external I guess. Wonder why your cost is so high.

Yeah with an AMD chip
No complaints with my AMD chip, had to switch some s**t in my BIOS but other than that it exceeds all my needs.User Image
Hatchback Romance
God Emperor Baldur
Hatchback Romance
I built a PC for the same price with a GTX 770 and an AMD 8-core 2.1GHz processor, I skimped on my HDD cause I have an external I guess. Wonder why your cost is so high.

Yeah with an AMD chip
No complaints with my AMD chip, had to switch some s**t in my BIOS but other than that it exceeds all my needs.User Image

Except the chip is 2.1GHz per core. That is a slower frequency than the first gen Pentium 4. It gets the job done, but the i5 he listed is better.

Shy Gaian

Sexillion
Hatchback Romance
I didn't list cost though. :0

Mine would cost around $750 as is.

How much was yours?
I was an idiot and bought all my parts separately (with shipping), and including a monitor and a racing wheel was about 1350User Image

Shy Gaian

God Emperor Baldur
Hatchback Romance
God Emperor Baldur
Hatchback Romance

Yeah with an AMD chip

Except the chip is 2.1GHz per core. That is a slower frequency than the first gen Pentium 4. It gets the job done, but the i5 he listed is better.
Upon a second reading, this is true.

And upon actually opening AMD Overdrive, I have 4.2Ghz per core. User Image
Another vote for the GTX 770. Also, EVGA has a solid reputation, I'm surprised you haven't heard about them earlier.

Lunatic

Hatchback Romance
Sexillion
Hatchback Romance

How much was yours?
I was an idiot and bought all my parts separately (with shipping), and including a monitor and a racing wheel was about 1350User Image
I made some changes and am now under 800. That's my goal. All from one site. I don't need a monitor or mouse and keyboard though.

Shy Gaian

Sexillion
Hatchback Romance
Sexillion
Hatchback Romance

How much was yours?
I made some changes and am now under 800. That's my goal. All from one site. I don't need a monitor or mouse and keyboard though.
Yee, I just had a wonky second monitor and wanted one that matched the resolution of my main.User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff