Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
Why do their PC games keep closing randomly?

Anyway, it started with Skyrim, so I stopped playing it.

I've played Fallout 3 fine for a couple weeks with mods that done virtually nothing to impede on game performance, with the bUsethreadedAI=1 and iNumsomething=2

That's supposed to be the .ini tweak that eradicated clean exits.

But now, for some reason, even with it, it just started closing every 5 minutes or so, no crashing processor bottleneck spikes, just a clean exit.

When it crashed, it would only happen every few hours, which was tolerable since I saved very often, and it would make my computer and background activity freeze for 3 or 4 seconds before I can move it again. Now it's just being a douchechip.

Since the only fix was the one I could find was the .ini tweak, I'm at a loss for solutions now, and the internet only seems to cater to the problems with similar wording, so Google isn't helpful at all.
What are the specs on your computer? Skyrim and Fallout 3, I believe, are pretty high-powered games. If your computer can't handle it, then sudden quits will happen.
Tesarect
What are the specs on your computer? Skyrim and Fallout 3, I believe, are pretty high-powered games. If your computer can't handle it, then sudden quits will happen.

Um... No.

Fashionable Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
Disconsented
Tesarect

Um... No.
Tesarect

Even xbox and ps3 versions of skyrim and oblivion randomly get horrific frame rate issues for no reason - you wont even be doing something that "should" slow down the frames but they drop. even randomly close and go to the home menu

The problem exists within the game.
Tapil
Tesarect

Even xbox and ps3 versions of skyrim and oblivion randomly get horrific frame rate issues for no reason - you wont even be doing something that "should" slow down the frames but they drop. even randomly close and go to the home menu

The problem exists within the game.

Ah, I see. I don't play games like that (sadly) so I wouldn't know xD

Witty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I've never played Fallout on my computer before, but when I first got Skyrim, I had consistent crash to desktop errors. Perhaps you need to tell the .exe to use more RAM? The program I used allowed it to use 3GB and that pretty much stopped all of the crashes. Unfortunately, I don't really remember what the application was called.
The Value of Pi

Did this start happening after said "tweak"? Try undoing the tweak and continue through the lag and slow frame rates - its better than closing ever 5 minutes

Or plan B: Never play their games until about 5 years after they have been released with a crap load of updates

Fashionable Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
Tapil
The Value of Pi

Did this start happening after said "tweak"? Try undoing the tweak and continue through the lag and slow frame rates - its better than closing ever 5 minutes

Or plan B: Never play their games until about 5 years after they have been released with a crap load of updates

It stopped after the mod for a while, it's worse without it,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces