Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am the only user of my laptop a old macbook of 5 years. I use chrome.

So today, I downloaded Adblock because someone told me it's nice to block every kind of ads and pop ups. I went on google apps, and downloaded adblock. However, after the download, a pop up appear that I can DONATE money with paypal to the founder of Adblock. It looked like a scam so I deleted adblock by clicking on it + uninstall.

Then I go on some colleges websites because I want to look at programs to apply for this winter semester, but they DON'T LOAD AT ALL. So I asked my friend if she can load those website on her computer and she can... So, the problem is my computer, a firewall ? or internet server ?...

I tried with safari, firefox and chrome. The website doesn't load...
However, everything else works... I tried to restart my laptop but it doesn't work. I checked my chrome settings and it looks fine...

I don't know if adblock is related to the blocked websites...

Please help me ! I want to be able to view my colleges websites !!
Not it was not Adblock and it was not a scam, but you did the correct thing and uninstalled it. You should use uBlock if you have Chrome. It is loads better.

What is the exact error you get when going to the websites?
L33t Pule Mants
Not it was not Adblock and it was not a scam, but you did the correct thing and uninstalled it. You should use uBlock if you have Chrome. It is loads better.

What is the exact error you get when going to the websites?
It said the webpage takes too long to download.

Unable to load the webpage on Google Chrome because it did not respond in time. It is possible that the site be blocked or you have problems with your Internet connection .

Invisible Friend

8,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
The servers are probably just busy at your school. I don't think you have any problems.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff