Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Okay, here's the deal. I have recently procured a new system after my aging laptop struggled so hard with a game beta I am in. And being slightly above the average age of the average Gaian, I find myself flailing around with technology more and more often. So I figured I'd come to where there are plenty of young computer geeks who probably know more about this than I do.

So I got this nice system (specs below), but it has two drives. Not partitioned mind you, but a 64 GB SSD (C: ), and a 2 TB HDD (D: ).

My issue is with the installing of all my game software. I direct it to install onto my D: drive, and it then proceeds to extract everything to my C: drive anyways. crying

Now the question. How do I get my programs to only install on the D: drive?

Please help an old man play his games in hi-def. Please? redface

Friendly Phantom

You could try this and see if that eases your woes.
Normally when people do two hard drive systems, they chain them together into a RAID setup. Look into that, that might be the problem.

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Phew!

Good news: all is now well.

Bad news: I am still a massive doofus.

After I talked the steps outloud to a friend of mine as we went over the issue, I suddenly realized that I had been missing the custom option on some of my installers. Thus, why they were defaulting to C:, sooooo, doh.

Many thanks for the advice though.

Friendly Phantom

FireSpark
Phew!

Good news: all is now well.

Bad news: I am still a massive doofus.

After I talked the steps outloud to a friend of mine as we went over the issue, I suddenly realized that I had been missing the custom option on some of my installers. Thus, why they were defaulting to C:, sooooo, doh.

Many thanks for the advice though.

The option I gave you could prevent you from needing to manually change that setting each time you install something...just FYI.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games