10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Rhouis
Sonic Offline
Rhouis
Sonic Offline
This is becoming more and more perplexing. Huh.

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I know that's the generic "I don't know what I'm doing" response, but it's worth a shot.

I haven't. How do I do that? (Sorry, that's probably one of the simplest things to do, but I'm not very tech savvy)
I'm bouncing between classes myself so excuse me for disappearing. In fact right now I'm on a tablet so my response time is hampered, but I'm here ish. One sec, looking up a walk through like I did before.

Oh no, don't worry. I'm happy for any help whenever.
I have a class starting in 30 minutes so if this doesn't help I'm gone for a few hours. Anyway, look at this:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

Gawker

Sonic Offline
Rhouis
Sonic Offline
Rhouis
Sonic Offline
This is becoming more and more perplexing. Huh.

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I know that's the generic "I don't know what I'm doing" response, but it's worth a shot.

I haven't. How do I do that? (Sorry, that's probably one of the simplest things to do, but I'm not very tech savvy)
I'm bouncing between classes myself so excuse me for disappearing. In fact right now I'm on a tablet so my response time is hampered, but I'm here ish. One sec, looking up a walk through like I did before.

Oh no, don't worry. I'm happy for any help whenever.
I have a class starting in 30 minutes so if this doesn't help I'm gone for a few hours. Anyway, look at this:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

Thanks for your help. This hasn't worked either though.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Ok, and sorry about that :/

Maybe one of the other regs can help then.

Gawker

Sonic Offline

No need to be sorry. It seems a bit of a dodgey issue. Thanks for your time and dedication.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Rhouis
Sonic Offline

No need to be sorry. It seems a bit of a dodgey issue. Thanks for your time and dedication.

Can you try it with another browser, such as IE or Chrome?

Gawker

Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis
Sonic Offline

I already said in the OP that I tried it on IE, and it was the same. So, it's obviously my laptop, as both Firefox and IE work on other computers.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Rhouis
Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis
Sonic Offline

I already said in the OP that I tried it on IE, and it was the same. So, it's obviously my laptop, as both Firefox and IE work on other computers.

I apologize, I must have missed that.

To clarify, clearing all of your cache and cookies did nothing? And (again for clarification) you ensured everything was erased, correct? I've just been letting Sonic take off with this one, so try to bear with me while I gather what all has been done and thus not worked...I'm multitasking here so I might ask you things that I could probably very easily find in earlier posts. I'll do my best to not irritate you with pointless questions too much.

Gawker

Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis
Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis
Sonic Offline

I apologize, I must have missed that.

To clarify, clearing all of your cache and cookies did nothing? And (again for clarification) you ensured everything was erased, correct? I've just been letting Sonic take off with this one, so try to bear with me while I gather what all has been done and thus not worked...I'm multitasking here so I might ask you things that I could probably very easily find in earlier posts. I'll do my best to not irritate you with pointless questions too much.

I cleared my cache. Don't know how to do cookies. And I'll tell you stuff I've already said if it's a bit hard for you to go back and check. I understand.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Rhouis
I cleared my cache. Don't know how to do cookies. And I'll tell you stuff I've already said if it's a bit hard for you to go back and check. I understand.

Try these steps

That link shows you how to clear everything. All of your past history, cookies, download history, etc...kind of make it like you've never used your browser before.

Not that it's hard...more or less I don't have ample time to read threads and assist while trying to do my job at the same time. (Perks of being a tech for a school district)

Gawker

Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis

Try these steps

That link shows you how to clear everything. All of your past history, cookies, download history, etc...kind of make it like you've never used your browser before.

Not that it's hard...more or less I don't have ample time to read threads and assist while trying to do my job at the same time. (Perks of being a tech for a school district)

Did all that and unfortunately didn't work. Because it's not working on any browser on my laptop, surely it's something to do with my laptop? Rather than sorting things out just on Firefox?

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Rhouis
Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis

Try these steps

Did all that and unfortunately didn't work. Because it's not working on any browser on my laptop, surely it's something to do with my laptop? Rather than sorting things out just on Firefox?

Actually...you'd be surprised at how many times clearing the cache and cookies in one browser seems to affect other browsers. I'm not entirely sure why...on that regard, try clearing everything out of IE as well.

Another thing you could do in the event that doesn't work(I don't think it will); create a new user account on your computer and try it on the new account(you can erase it immediately afterwards if you'd like).

Another question, what anti-virus are you using?

Gawker

Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis
Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis

Try these steps

Actually...you'd be surprised at how many times clearing the cache and cookies in one browser seems to affect other browsers. I'm not entirely sure why...on that regard, try clearing everything out of IE as well.

Another thing you could do in the event that doesn't work(I don't think it will); create a new user account on your computer and try it on the new account(you can erase it immediately afterwards if you'd like).

Another question, what anti-virus are you using?

Cleared IE. Not that there was much to clear. Never used it except to download Firefox, haha.

I can't create another account. You're issued one by the University. But using another one won't work, as it makes no difference what is typed into the login boxes. Nothing changes. It doesn't tell me I can't log in, the button just won't work/activate/register, whatever.

I've got AVG, but it ran out just before Christmas. I haven't replaced it yet as I can't afford it. Sounds bad, I know. :

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Rhouis
Cleared IE. Not that there was much to clear. Never used it except to download Firefox, haha.

I can't create another account. You're issued one by the University. But using another one won't work, as it makes no difference what is typed into the login boxes. Nothing changes. It doesn't tell me I can't log in, the button just won't work/activate/register, whatever.

I've got AVG, but it ran out just before Christmas. I haven't replaced it yet as I can't afford it. Sounds bad, I know. :

AVG has a free edition you can use. There are other free alternatives you can use as well, such as, Avast or Avira.

If this is a computer issued by your university...don't they have a tech support you can go to? Chances are this isn't an unheard of problem...especially if you think, university portal...university issued laptop...I'm sure they've seen it before.

Gawker

Saruwatari Kooji
Rhouis

AVG has a free edition you can use. There are other free alternatives you can use as well, such as, Avast or Avira.

If this is a computer issued by your university...don't they have a tech support you can go to? Chances are this isn't an unheard of problem...especially if you think, university portal...university issued laptop...I'm sure they've seen it before.

Oh, I didn't realise you could get free antivirus. Well, not ones that were any use. I guess I'll try those.

And no, it's my own laptop, but the site Blackboard is run by the University, and they're the ones that issue you your username and such. It's your University ID, so can't be changed.

And they do have a tech support, but I said in the OP they're really hard to get a hold of and charge you a lot to just look at something. But it's looking like that is the only choice I have at the moment. Guess I'll do that then. Thanks.

Gawker

Saruwatari Kooji

Just thought I'd let you know, the problem is resolved. I downloaded a free AVG trial until I update officially, and did all the scans and such. After that, thought I'd try Blackboard again, and it works now. So, thinking something unstable must have been blocking access that the virus security has been able to resolve. Thank for your help and sorry it was something so simple!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff