Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just been wondering, lately, as I've been playing a lot more media. What do you guys believe to be the best codec pack available, and where would I be able to find it? Thanks in advance for any posts. smile
Well, you just really need to download the Divx and Xvid codecs if you plan on only playing AVIs. If not, then you may want to check this out.
Well, I also listen to audio, as well, and I don't believe divx/xvid covers those. I just preferred for a codec pack because it's the easiest way for me to have it all, and not think down the road that a video or song is no good just because I don't have the proper codec. It doesn't hurt to be prepared, ya know? razz
Kaolla
Well, I also listen to audio, as well, and I don't believe divx/xvid covers those. I just preferred for a codec pack because it's the easiest way for me to have it all, and not think down the road that a video or song is no good just because I don't have the proper codec. It doesn't hurt to be prepared, ya know? razz

The link I posted has links to download the OGG audio codec. While you are at it, you might also want to check out FLAC.
The New Hades
The link I posted has links to download the OGG audio codec. While you are at it, you might also want to check out FLAC.

Hmm... thanks. I'll be sure to check both of those links out.
Packs are not always the best way to get your codecs. Some packs have codecs you don't need and junk like that. Plus, they take longer to download.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Are you crazy? I strongly recommend the K-Lite pack. I haven't had a problem since I installed it. *knocks on wood*
Shinobi's right u cant go wrong with K-lite. Its got a number of codecs all in one package.
Definately the K-Lite pack is worth it all the way. Does everything you'll need ... *wants to make some sort of remark mocking eBay here, but is going to manage to hold it in*
Downloading one or more multipack codecs is advisable, you'll be able to play anything you download or buy. Especially if you also manage to set your DVD player to Region 0 (ignore region codes), the way they all should be...

Only time not to is if your HD is low on room.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff