Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bum Bear's Kouhai

Bashful Giver

11,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
I got a Samsung Series 7 Slate for Christmas and obviously I would like to make sure it stays as protected as possible. Yet again it's a tablet PC so some Antivirus and internet browser might kill it's speed neutral
So far I haven't use it to go on internet, only used it to draw on photoshop and work on 3D programs. But I might need to go look up something on the web someday.
Suggestions?
As long as you aren't silly you don't need security software for a tablet.

Bum Bear's Kouhai

Bashful Giver

11,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Disconsented
As long as you aren't silly you don't need security software for a tablet.

I guess you have a good point. I just like to feel protected with all the stuff running around the web nowadays.
android won't run windows viruses so there's almost no chance of being infected. you're more likely to be infected on a mac.

Bum Bear's Kouhai

Bashful Giver

11,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Yuki the Third
android won't run windows viruses so there's almost no chance of being infected. you're more likely to be infected on a mac.

It's not really an android. It has the same capacity as a pc and is considered a laptop by many reviewers. I have the same window interface as a pc (my start button, harddrive,ect).
Kitsuna Okami
Yuki the Third

It's not really an android. It has the same capacity as a pc and is considered a laptop by many reviewers. I have the same window interface as a pc (my start button, harddrive,ect).
what does it run?

Bum Bear's Kouhai

Bashful Giver

11,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Yuki the Third
Kitsuna Okami
Yuki the Third

what does it run?

Mine runs windows 7, but it can run windows 8.
Kitsuna Okami
Yuki the Third
Kitsuna Okami
Yuki the Third

what does it run?

oh, didn't know. for windows, I'd reccomend unthreat or bitdefender free. both are free and are good, but bitdefender depends more on the net.

Bum Bear's Kouhai

Bashful Giver

11,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Yuki the Third
Kitsuna Okami
Yuki the Third
Kitsuna Okami
Yuki the Third

what does it run?

oh, didn't know. for windows, I'd reccomend unthreat or bitdefender free. both are free and are good, but bitdefender depends more on the net.

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll look that up smile

Genius

Slate runs Win8 usually if I remember correctly.
My personal recommendations is a paid copy of ESET NOD32, or AVG Free.
Both work excellent in win7 or win8
Jaguar__5
Slate runs Win8 usually if I remember correctly.
My personal recommendations is a paid copy of ESET NOD32, or AVG Free.
Both work excellent in win7 or win8
people are still beating the nod32 drum?
IIRC, it hasn't been good since the mid 90s, and has turned into a stagnant, laggy, bloated program. Same with AVG since version 7.5/8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff