Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you are, I need a little help. I've just finished modeling a (very, very bad because I suck at this. like 3 year old drawing bad) interior and now I need to take 5 render shots of it. I keep looking for tutorials but everything I find deals with fancy lighting set ups and mental rays or vrays (which I have no idea how to use and aren't helping anyway).

To put it simply, I need to know how to get "inside" the room and render a shot as if I was psychically there taking a picture. I keep trying to navigate my way in but nothing works. I'm always outside of the entire room. Any help is appreciated.
DisenchantedYoungAdult
To put it simply, I need to know how to get "inside" the room and render a shot as if I was psychically there taking a picture. I keep trying to navigate my way in but nothing works. I'm always outside of the entire room. Any help is appreciated.
Place your room model in a scene, and put the scene's camera inside the room.

I haven't used 3DS in years, but I recall there's a separate animation mode. That's where you need to do the render, not in model mode.
psychic stalker
DisenchantedYoungAdult
Place your room model in a scene, and put the scene's camera inside the room.

I haven't used 3DS in years, but I recall there's a separate animation mode. That's where you need to do the render, not in model mode.

Thanks for the help. I figured out what it was. I was modelling in orthographic view (which makes everything harder because it's a "sculptor's" view) and needed to be in perspective to get the scene camera to move with the mouse. Then I could set up all my cameras inside the room, change the view to each camera, and render it from there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff