Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

So, I got an android phone LG optimus fuel (L34C) a couple days ago. Well, when the screen time out I guess? Like turns off after a minute or so then after another minute it'll stop sending notifications over wifi.

(I havent activated the cell service yet) but before I could leave the phone alone for awhile and still get notifications. For facebook messenger and heywire. Sometimes it goes through fine... but then it stops again or sends a notification like an hour late. I tried changing the "heartbeat" they called it for the wifi using an app. Didn't work, tried to see if I could do it to the router and I just couldn't figure that out. Not that great with those things. lol

I was thinking it might just be my internet (Not that great) but wouldn't it have always been an issue not just one that randomly started happening? 9/10 it will send and receive notifications when the screen is on. Sometimes it wont but disabling and enabling wifi fixes the issue. I can't really find anything on this issue that I'm having. Idk if the provider that I bought it from will help since I haven't activated it yet. (money is tight right now and just wanted something cheap to stay in contact with friends, family, ect.)

It's pretty annoying not getting notifications when the screen timed out or in sleep mode I guess.
I did check to see if wifi is set to "always on" for sleep mode. I turned that off then back on to see if that would help and it didn't.

Device not rooted
running android 4.4

Sorry for so much text, just trying to give as much info as possible.
Could you try go elsewhere to connect to a different Wi-Fi source and see how it goes from there? The fact that it's getting notifications hours late is a little strange though, perhaps you just happened to purchase a faulty phone. Or maybe it doesn't like the fact that you're not connected to cellular but I doubt it.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

From MightyText:

For Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and later:

1) Navigate to Menu > Settings > WiFi and select the menu button again.
2) Select Options, Advanced
3) Set “Keep WiFi on during sleep” to “Always”
User Image

Aged Noob

Scarred Sword Heart
User Image

From MightyText:

For Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and later:

1) Navigate to Menu > Settings > WiFi and select the menu button again.
2) Select Options, Advanced
3) Set “Keep WiFi on during sleep” to “Always”
User Image

"I did check to see if wifi is set to "always on" for sleep mode. I turned that off then back on to see if that would help and it didn't. "
Already checked that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces