Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay so my computer is just about to have 0mb of space left on the c drive and i found this pretty big program in my add and remove programs called Akamai Net Session Interface.

I did some research on it and it apparently just speeds up file downloads of sites that support it. I don't know if unistalling it would make file downloading notoriously slow ( also i think it helps with video streaming on certain sites? (Does youtube count cause thats really about the only site i use for videos)

The fact that i dont know what sites this program supports makes me even more fearfull to uninstall it.

Will this stop my computer working properly? ( I know its only for files downloads etc but i'm paranoid because its such a big file, 650.00mb sweatdrop )

Yeah so i think i covered most of it, if you want anything explained more so you can help, please ask, thanks!

Dapper Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
You don't need it i had that same thing and got rid of it and it still worked fine.
Go ahead and remove it.

http://windirstat.info/
Download and run this program, wait for it to finish scanning, and it'll show you what is using up the most space and where it is. Point at a few of the bigger blocks and tell us what they are before you remove anything.
The Last Rydian
Go ahead and remove it.

http://windirstat.info/
Download and run this program, wait for it to finish scanning, and it'll show you what is using up the most space and where it is. Point at a few of the bigger blocks and tell us what they are before you remove anything.

I dont want to download that as its a huge file, just about as big as what i'm trying to remove. Therefore i cant install this without removing Akamai first.
hinanox3
I dont want to download that as its a huge file, just about as big as what i'm trying to remove. Therefore i cant install this without removing Akamai first.
No, Akamai is 650 MEGAbytes, WinDirStart is 630KILObytes.

There's 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte, so it'd take over 1,000 WinDirStat files to equal what you're trying to remove. razz
The Last Rydian
hinanox3
No, Akamai is 650 MEGAbytes, WinDirStart is 630KILObytes.

There's 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte, so it'd take over 1,000 WinDirStat files to equal what you're trying to remove. razz

ohhh whoops xD
Thanks for the help, i should just get rid of it then?
also i replied with some more info on my iMesh post.
Yeah get rid of it, and I've no clue on the imesh thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff