Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aven Donn
psychic stalker
Project Light
psychic stalker
I'm going to be a rebel and recommend Google Checkout or Amazon Payments instead of Paypal's API simply because Paypal are mean and they locked my account once so I couldn't buy anything. sad

Yes, PayPal are absolutely horrible, but more customers use it, so what are you gonna do. sad
Give us poor disadvantaged shoppers a choice? sad

Are these PayPal horror stories really as common as you make them out to be? Because I've had zero issues with PayPal. Then again I only use it to buy stuff on Steam and things like the Humble Indie Bundle once and a while.
It's common enough that a lot of people b***h about it. I felt the same way as you until it happened to me.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Aven Donn
psychic stalker
Project Light
psychic stalker
I'm going to be a rebel and recommend Google Checkout or Amazon Payments instead of Paypal's API simply because Paypal are mean and they locked my account once so I couldn't buy anything. sad

Yes, PayPal are absolutely horrible, but more customers use it, so what are you gonna do. sad
Give us poor disadvantaged shoppers a choice? sad

Are these PayPal horror stories really as common as you make them out to be? Because I've had zero issues with PayPal. Then again I only use it to buy stuff on Steam and things like the Humble Indie Bundle once and a while.

You have only used it to buy things. Of course you haven't had a problem. When you do a ton of business with a ton of people, problems arise. I don't know any businesses who haven't had an issue with them. For the longest time, I didn't. However, one day, someone accused me of hacking into his PayPal account and sending myself money once a month for six months. On the sixth month, he demanded PayPal refund him all of said money. In reality, he was subscribed to a service of mine, which I provided. When he made that claim to PayPal, I provided proof of service and conversations between him and myself discussing the service. They refunded his money anyway. It was absolutely ridiculous. Their customer support gives no craps about you. I really can't fathom what criteria they use to determine how to settle disputes. I'm guessing rolled dice?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games