Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Tycoon

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
Am I part of the minority that doesn't mind Windows 8.1? sad
To be honest, when I first got it I was confused and missed Windows 7. After a while, I just got used to it.
Angelliya
Lraushtsen
Angelliya
Lraushtsen
That's good.

I hated Windows 8 when it first came out, but like any new interface (which is more or less what it is) I got used to it. 'Sort of like the last time Facebook changed their user interface. People wouldn't stop crying about it.
Lol, I was never a fan of Facebook.
It's an aesthetically pleasing user interface in my opinion.

I'm under the impression that Windows 8 / 8.1 was a 'bridge' for Windows 10. I'm playing around with tech preview, and I like a lot of the concepts. Obviously it's broken as hell (tech preview blah blah blah), but I'm pretty excited about the final product (which I won't purchase until about 6 months after its initial release).
Windows 10.
Pff.

It'll be decent after they work out all the bugs.

On that note, I hope it's release is sooner rather then later. When it's release, that means Microsoft will stop supporting Vista, and I'd love to NOT work on Vista machine where I work.
SodiumCat
To be honest, when I first got it I was confused and missed Windows 7. After a while, I just got used to it.
Yes, it is a minority. I'm actually rather fond of 8.1. I use it on my work machine(s).

YugureMuffin's Princess

Shy Snowflake

13,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Lraushtsen
Angelliya
Lraushtsen
Angelliya
Lraushtsen
That's good.

I hated Windows 8 when it first came out, but like any new interface (which is more or less what it is) I got used to it. 'Sort of like the last time Facebook changed their user interface. People wouldn't stop crying about it.

I'm under the impression that Windows 8 / 8.1 was a 'bridge' for Windows 10. I'm playing around with tech preview, and I like a lot of the concepts. Obviously it's broken as hell (tech preview blah blah blah), but I'm pretty excited about the final product (which I won't purchase until about 6 months after its initial release).
Windows 10.
Pff.

On that note, I hope it's release is sooner rather then later. When it's release, that means Microsoft will stop supporting Vista, and I'd love to NOT work on Vista machine where I work.
No.
I hope they don't stop supporting it.
Angelliya
Lraushtsen
Angelliya
Lraushtsen
Angelliya
Lraushtsen
That's good.

Windows 10.
Pff.

No.
I hope they don't stop supporting it.

Nice try.

YugureMuffin's Princess

Shy Snowflake

13,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
SodiumCat
I'm not confused with it, I just hate how it looks and I can't play one of my favorite games on it.
Angelliya
SodiumCat
I'm not confused with it, I just hate how it looks and I can't play one of my favorite games on it.

Windows 7 Compatibility Mode (which can be found in the properties of the object)

Wheezing Tycoon

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
Angelliya
SodiumCat

Ah, I get you. I used to hate the design as well. After a year, I'm still indifferent about it. Which games are you struggling with? I haven't had any troubles with my games yet.

YugureMuffin's Princess

Shy Snowflake

13,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Lraushtsen
Angelliya
SodiumCat

Windows 7 Compatibility Mode (which can be found in the properties of the object)
I tried every compatibility. It doesn't work at all.

YugureMuffin's Princess

Shy Snowflake

13,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
SodiumCat
Angelliya
SodiumCat

Ah, I get you. I used to hate the design as well. After a year, I'm still indifferent about it. Which games are you struggling with? I haven't had any troubles with my games yet.
The Sims 2.

Wheezing Tycoon

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
Angelliya
SodiumCat
Angelliya
SodiumCat

The Sims 2.

That is weird. I have the Sims 2 on mine and it works?

YugureMuffin's Princess

Shy Snowflake

13,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
SodiumCat
Angelliya
SodiumCat
Angelliya
SodiumCat

The Sims 2.

Lucky you...

Wheezing Tycoon

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
Angelliya
SodiumCat
Angelliya
SodiumCat
Angelliya
SodiumCat

The Sims 2.

Lucky you...

I don't know what the problem is, but maybe these links will solve the problem?
http://aurna.tumblr.com/post/78528500856/installing-the-sims-2-on-windows-8-or-8-1-guide

http://modthesims.info/t/500523

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces