User Image

Gaian Generosity Saves Shops

Gaians banded together this week in a heartwarming show of love and support for their favorite shopkeepers. After the GRS announced that massive unpaid tax debts would likely result in the closure of many of Gaia's shops, private donors stepped in to foot the enormous tax bills and save the shops from bankruptcy.

All in all, a staggering 1,625,515,965 Gaia Gold was donated, and most shops are back on stable financial footing.

Two shopkeepers weren't so lucky-- despite a valiant effort from donators, Liam of Crate & Apparel and Ruby of Gambino Hat Rack narrowly fell short of raising enough to cover their tax debts. "I don't understand it," Liam told Gaia 9 News in a recent interview. "My abs are too spectacular to fail." Miraculously, several other shopkeepers stepped in with loans to keep Ruby and Liam afloat-- however, both shopkeepers decided to reconsider their business strategies and open entirely new shops.

Meanwhile, many Gaia shops have remodeled, swapped their inventories and reorganized their selections to make shopping an easier experience. Instead of being scattered across multiple shops, many item sets will now be available together in one place, and most shops now follow a more recognizable theme:

• The Jock Strap, Liam's new store, sells sporting goods and uniforms.
  • Ruby's Rack, Ruby's new store, carries cute, casual fashions for everyday wear.
  • The Barton Boutique now specializes in costumes, sci-fi items and far-out accessories.
  • The Durem Depot is now more focused on punk, gothic and underground gear.
  • H&R Wesley has made a move into the high-end luxury clothing segment.
  • Gambino Outfitters now carries mainstream apparel for trendy shoppers.

Selling items will now be handled in your inventory screen. A sellback link will be added to the shops in the coming days.

User Image

The Jock Strap will specialize in sporty fashions.

With their new arrangement, Gaia's shopkeepers are feeling much more confident that their financial future is secure. "I'd like to thank all the wonderful people who helped out" says Ian, who runs the remodeled Barton Boutique alongside his cat, Rufus. "I hope they'll stop by and see all the great changes Rufus and I have made."