User Image

Happy Friday, Gaians! I'm celebrating today with tons of explosions, fire, and fiery explosions! ... No, that's just part of an experiment I'm running. What is this so-called "Independence Day" you speak of? Anyway, we've got some great Evolving Items to look at today, so let's dive right in! Rose Saga has finished another evolution, and it appears we've discovered a brand new EI! Let's take a closer look at Peony and Blossoms:

User Image

User ImagePeony and Blossoms: You are walking home one evening after a particularly ruff day, eyes on your feet as you plod despondently down the sidewalk. Work is overwhelming, your social life is increasingly stressful, and you totally accidentally kicked that cute guy who works in Legal in the shins... You heave a weighty sigh, resolved to simply head home and dive straight back into those documents you need to read for work, when a hint of something floral and soft drifts past your nose. You turn to discover a massive peony bush just off the sidewalk. There was no way it was there this morning -- did someone plant it there in the afternoon?

You move closer to the bush, enjoying the flowers' delicate fragrance, and pluck a few of the larger blossoms to tuck into your hairclip. Something about the sweet scent relaxes you, and you bend closer to the bush to inhale deeply when a sound suddenly catches your attention.

"Arf!"

You stagger back a few steps, surprised to see a small dog poking its head out between branches. It stares up at you, tongue lolling out excitedly, before hopping out of the bush and scrambling over to where you stand to begin affectionately licking your shoe. You stoop to pick it up and cradle the adorable puppy in your arms, stilling its squirming long enough to realize the dog has a little bow tied around its neck, along with a note bearing a single word: "Blossom."

User ImageRose Saga: "I'm Rosa," said the red-haired girl. She looked flustered, bashful even. "I-I'm new he-- oops!" Rose felt her face redden as the old book slipped from her hands. "I'm so sorry! I'm not usually this clumsy..."

Celeste smiled gently and bent down to pick up the book. The soft smell of roses seemed to rise from its yellowed pages. Celeste gazed at the strange girl, her cute pointed ears, the dark blush rising on her coffee-colored skin. Something about her seemed so warm and familiar, a golden memory from long ago... "You said you're a new student? I swear we've met before..."

As Celeste handed back the book, their hands touched. Celeste's heart quickened. So familiar, just like... But it was impossible... Celeste looked down at the golden ring on her left hand, set with a pearl carved in the shape of a rose.

"Beautiful," Rosa whispered. Did she mean the ring?

"Oh, this! It's very special. It was given to me by--"

Suddenly a bell chimed. "Oh, I'm so sorry Rosa, I'm late for the student council meeting! I hope I'll see you again..."

Unfortunately that's all the time I have this week, but be sure to tune in next week for our next Evolving Item Report! You can see all these incredible items and more in La Victoire, and don't forget to vote in our Weekly EI Poll to let us know what your favorites are. See you soon, junior scientists!

Need some Gaia Cash? Stock up online or get instant Cash via PayPal!