Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Visionary

Maki_P
Oh, I didn't know that. Damn

Yup no matter how popular the tie in may be.

Maki_P
But I don't like Ultimate Spider-man emotion_8c (it'd be better if it was Deadpool)

I believe Deadpool will be making an appearance in season two. (Assuming the rumors are true which does kind of seem likely giving he does have a video game coming out soon'ish) Anyway, its not THAT bad. It's more hit and miss as I said. It really depends on which villain is featured and how well the writing keeps its focused. Not that much of a shock given the popularity of the Avengers, and Thor, but the ones with Loki are pretty good even the Spider-pig one. (Yes, they used that old gag from Simpsons no less but Spider-man is literally turned into a pig and hunted for some Asgard feast so... ) Oh and Venom of course. 3nodding So its not always mind-numbing bad. So give Spider-man and his amazing friends 2012 around spin. emotion_awesome

So not sorry for that lame pun considering the series. talk2hand

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Miss-dark8607
Maki_P
You know guys? I recently got into the new TMNT cartoon and I find some strange comfort in that its predecessors longevity means it likely won't end after 2 seasons; like YJ, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-man. (Yes! ONE show I like won't die prematurely, the world is alright! god dammit)

And this is why I watch a lot of things. I still have Gravity Falls, TMNT, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Archer, Bob's Burger, and yeah off and on Ult. Spider-man. (It is VERY hit and miss). I don't know which thread I suggest it in but I'll repeat it here.

Seriously the animators of today should just go directly to Hulu, Netflix, and other internet sources because ******** these networks up, down, and all around. classified_fu

It's not really the networks, so much as the animation studios.

Jeff Loeb is in charge of Marvel Entertainment. He canceled Avengers: EMH and why? No reason. It was insanely popular and did very well ratings wise and the network LOVED it. But he had it canceled so he can push Hulk: Agents of SMASH and another Avengers series.

Yet he keeps pushing Ultimate Spider-Man, despite it's low popularity and bad ratings.

This goes back to my theory that Jeff Loeb hates Marvel. Think about it, he writes amazing stories for DC, but when it comes to Marvel it's nothing but bullshit!

As for Young Justice and Green Lantern, they're being pulled because the toys didn't sell well. Nothing to do with the network at all. DC's decision.

Dangerous Visionary

Preston886

It's not really the networks, so much as the animation studios.

Jeff Loeb is in charge of Marvel Entertainment. He canceled Avengers: EMH and why? No reason. It was insanely popular and did very well ratings wise and the network LOVED it. But he had it canceled so he can push Hulk: Agents of SMASH and another Avengers series.

Yet he keeps pushing Ultimate Spider-Man, despite it's low popularity and bad ratings.

This goes back to my theory that Jeff Loeb hates Marvel. Think about it, he writes amazing stories for DC, but when it comes to Marvel it's nothing but bullshit!

As for Young Justice and Green Lantern, they're being pulled because the toys didn't sell well. Nothing to do with the network at all. DC's decision.

Little of A and Little of B really. Sometimes it is the studio and sometimes it's the Network. You can't tell me that CN had any respect for GL and YJ. You pull off an Emmy awarded series for reruns? The ********? Well it's been clear to me for some time now that all the middle aged dudes at both DC and Marvel have lost their ******** minds and only when they retire will things get better. Kind of sad when you think about it, all the once cool rebel nerds have grown up to be the very suits they were trying so hard not to be. emotion_eyebrow

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
I think your confused. The studio is canceling the series, NOT the network because the toy line didn't sell well for both Young Justice and Green Lantern.

Soldier

Damn, I love young justice best new comic book cartoon out there. Least I still have Arrow

Roamer

32,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
When I heard Young Justice was being canceled I went on an all out fan rage. They still have HUGE plotlines to fill such as the disappearance of Wally, Identity change of Artemis and Nightwings reason for leaving the team.

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
My friends and I are doing a letter (snail mail) sending campaign. We figure if we suffocate enough interns with our envelopes they'll at least finish up the
Darkseid/Savage team up
plotline or give us a TV movie.
WHO'S WITH US?!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hey I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but apparently the fan outcry from both Young Justice and Green Lantern getting canceled has led to Warner Brothers Animation reconsidering their move with the shows removal. In April they'll be sitting down with SMOGtv( From what it sounds like it seems to be a kickstarter like website specifically for T.V.) to see if they can work something out with crowd funding. No word on if this will be a whole new season but it would at least maybe give us an ending. Perhaps a straight to DVD movie. DC is pretty fond of those. anyway here's the link http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=76474 Lets hope that meeting in April goes well.

Magical Girl

There's a great Petition going around online
42k Signs
and
7k Wanted
I believe Young Justice can make it heart
Since, According to DC, It wasn't their doing of cancelling Young Justice .
Young Justice can go as much as it likes if DC wanted to put an end to it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces