Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Survivor

So I've been wondering recently, if you're in the X-Men universe, and your mutant power is Astral Projection, what does Cerebro report about your location? Does it pick up your body, or your consciousness? Or does it pick up both? How would the X-Men find you?

Steadfast Protector

23-Fumika
So I've been wondering recently, if you're in the X-Men universe, and your mutant power is Astral Projection, what does Cerebro report about your location? Does it pick up your body, or your consciousness? Or does it pick up both? How would the X-Men find you?

If Cerebro (or devices based on Cerebro) detected you, they'd detect your brainwave activity.
Astral projections have a consciousness but no projected BRAIN and thus no brain WAVES-
those are left with the body.

The X-Men typically use Cerebro tech, but have been known to use other methods.
Phoenix used her psi powers when they were discovering Dazzler, decades ago.

Dapper Survivor

Max Mercury
23-Fumika

If Cerebro (or devices based on Cerebro) detected you, they'd detect your brainwave activity.
Astral projections have a consciousness but no projected BRAIN and thus no brain WAVES-
those are left with the body.

The X-Men typically use Cerebro tech, but have been known to use other methods.
Phoenix used her psi powers when they were discovering Dazzler, decades ago.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks! I'm trying to create an OC whose power is seriously overpowered astral projection, and I couldn't find much of anything really descriptive on the web. So I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my odd question!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff