Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Lover

10,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
Gettin' reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaal friggin' sick of people using the whole kryptonite argument to prove Batman's stronger or better than Superman. Or that Superman's weak because he "falls before a rock".
First of all, it's a piece of his home planet. On Krypton, nobody had ******** powers. And I'm willing to wager that if an Earthling went to Krypton, they'd be able to fly and s**t too, given the logic of Superman's source of power. But, when a piece of Earth is thrown at you, you're gonna go down like a plane operated by rabbits. But that doesn't make you ********' weak. I mean you have a WEAKNESS, but you're not WEAK.
Second of all, if Batman didn't know a ******** thing about Superman, that brooding ******** would be s**t outta luck. If you saw the Death Battle: Batman vs. Spider-Man, you would know that Spider-Men KILLED Batman because he could determine his attacks. Weeeeellllllll guess what, Superman can kinda do the same thing with his super-senses. How? Well, naturally we have senses that tell us when we're in danger. Since Superman is Kryptonian (which is basically just a race of advanced humans who lived under a red sun, thus exposed to different rays of sunlight and whatnot) he has the same senses we do, but since he's on Earth, those senses are enhanced and he uses them to his advantage. I mean, he doesn't need a fuggin' computer to know when there's danger, he just has to listen. So yeah, he'd be able to determine Batman's attacks if he focused on it. Thus not being taken by surprise by Batman. And even if he were taken by surprise, what's Batman gonna do? Throw gadgets at him?
See, Batman's ONLY advantage towards Superman is the kryptonite. And that's dirty fighting in my book. Superman, however, could destroy the fuggin' planet if he wanted to. I mean you just don't wanna see the guy in an all out rage. So yeah. Superman > Batman. End of ******** story.
{Déan ealaín gach lá agus teacht ar do na réaltaí gach oíche.}

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Captain Talavar may be along shortly. He's another Superman>Batman buff. And believe me; he has schooled me in the ways of Supes wink . Still need to pick up Red Son and All-Star Superman...anywho!

While I may be a Batfan at heart, I agree the fights between the two rarely go as they should. Case in point: The Dark Knight Returns books by Frank Miller. Superman is poorly portrayed in those books and is seen as nothing more than a government tool. Why Bats has to go and be a ginormous a** about pointing it out, I dont know. Of course he pulls out the kryptonite to take down his super strong opponent. Some would argue, as you have, that it's not a fair move. Others would see it as Bats staying ahead of the game, having a "one up" on the other guy.

Also, I've noticed that writers have changed both characters over the years; Batman for the worst in a number of cases. He seems to go into assmode whenever he's around ANY other heroes. Guy needs a Prozac or something if he knows he'll be working with the JLA or other groups.

All in all, I'm over the Batmania and the people who have nothing better to do than slam other heroes because "he's so amazing with his gadgets and he doesn't need superpowers to be the BEST EVAR." I suppose it helps that I like Jay Garrick, the Spectre, and Doc Mid-Nite more than Bats so I can try to shut these people out.

Tldr; too right. Batfanatics can be downright irrational and dumb when it comes to Supes. Guess I'm one of the few who support big blue wink

Demonic Lover

10,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
ajsnoopy
Captain Talavar may be along shortly. He's another Superman>Batman buff. And believe me; he has schooled me in the ways of Supes wink . Still need to pick up Red Son and All-Star Superman...anywho!

While I may be a Batfan at heart, I agree the fights between the two rarely go as they should. Case in point: The Dark Knight Returns books by Frank Miller. Superman is poorly portrayed in those books and is seen as nothing more than a government tool. Why Bats has to go and be a ginormous a** about pointing it out, I dont know. Of course he pulls out the kryptonite to take down his super strong opponent. Some would argue, as you have, that it's not a fair move. Others would see it as Bats staying ahead of the game, having a "one up" on the other guy.

Also, I've noticed that writers have changed both characters over the years; Batman for the worst in a number of cases. He seems to go into assmode whenever he's around ANY other heroes. Guy needs a Prozac or something if he knows he'll be working with the JLA or other groups.

All in all, I'm over the Batmania and the people who have nothing better to do than slam other heroes because "he's so amazing with his gadgets and he doesn't need superpowers to be the BEST EVAR." I suppose it helps that I like Jay Garrick, the Spectre, and Doc Mid-Nite more than Bats so I can try to shut these people out.

Tldr; too right. Batfanatics can be downright irrational and dumb when it comes to Supes. Guess I'm one of the few who support big blue wink
User Image
That was a beautiful read. c;

Anyways, I don't hate Batman, I just feel he's become overrated.
He's basically the Deadpool of DC Comics now because of how awesome everyone thinks he is.
And yeah, it's cool that he doesn't need powers, but that doesn't mean he's the best.
{Déan ealaín gach lá agus teacht ar do na réaltaí gach oíche.}
I would just like to point out that, canonically speaking, Batman has never defeated Superman in a fight. Seriously. It's common among Batcultists to share images from certain battles between them as if triumphantly mocking Superman. These images usually depict Batman, somehow, punching Superman.

Except, as that link points out, it's important to look at the entire story. In The Dark Knight Returns, Superman wasn't fighting back. He was just there to talk. Batman acknowledged that he was holding back. Also Superman was weak at the time. And still, despite all that, and despite giving everything he had, what happened? Batman had a heart attack and nearly died. I was arguing about this with someone once, who actually tried to argue that Batman planned to have a heart attack, thus making him the winner. Think about that: he won because he planned on not winning?

Try that in any other competition and see how far it gets you. If the Ravens beat the 49ers on Sunday, do you think the 49ers would be granted victory if they said they planned on losing the game all along to prove a point or some such nonsense? I mean, come on.

It's all about two things. An increasingly cynical and violent society looking for an outlet for their rage, and Two, Batman gets more exposure.

Look at how people react to violence. When bad things happen, people are usually angry before anything else. Last year two awful tragedies hit, and you wouldn't have to go far to find someone who wanted to just beat the living daylights out of the people responsible, if not worse. Batman gets to do that. Batman provides an outlet for that initial rage, that desire to use violence against the violent. Superman operates on a much deeper level. Superman isn't about that rage we have inside us. He's about our capacity for good. Our ability to triumph and overcome obstacles to make ourselves greater people. Superman's about how far we've come from times when the world was a much darker and more frightening place, and how much farther we're going to go if we continue on the right path. So naturally, cynical douchebags who only see the worst in everything are going to hate him, because in their minds, things can and will only get worse. The sad irony is that that's the attitude that makes things worse.

There's not a single group of people out there who did not get what they wanted, whether it was the right to freedom, or the right to vote, or the right to equality, without demanding it. And not one of those people would have gotten what they wanted if they didn't believe it was possible to get it in the first place. That is what Superman is about. Superman is a shining beacon of hope, something we should all aspire to. He represents our capacity for greatness, but he's not forcing us to bend to his will. He's trying to guide us there, help us get there ourselves. It's one thing to believe in Superman, but Superman believes in us.

Think about that. Now consider...what point is there to Superman hate beyond "he's not dark and kewl lyk Batman"?

Aside from all that business? Superman doesn't get as much exposure as Batman. Batman always has toys on the shelves, a cartoon on TV, many more individual titles than any other superhero in comics, and gets the best treatment. Superman's lucky to get a bone tossed his way. For instance, take a look at the Legos available among the DC Superheroes line. Almost all of them are Batman-related, with only one Superman set available (which does come with a Wonder Woman minifig, but she's a topic for a whole other discussion). Aquaman is getting a minifig too...in a Batman set. As the damsel Batman has to rescue from Mr. Freeze.

So of course you're going to have kids who like Batman more. There are more Batman toys, video games, cartoons, movies, and anything else than there are for Superman. The most exposure he ever does get with kids is in an ensemble show where they can't focus on him too much because it's more important to see what Batman's up to or something.

Hopefully Man of Steel starts to change that.

By the way, take a look at the plot for the new fighting game Injustice. Superman is turned into an evil dictator and it's up to Batman and Lex Luthor to save the day. But, you know, happy 75th Anniversary, Superman.

It makes my ******** blood boil sometimes.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Ealain na Realtai

That was a beautiful read. c;

Anyways, I don't hate Batman, I just feel he's become overrated.
He's basically the Deadpool of DC Comics now because of how awesome everyone thinks he is.
And yeah, it's cool that he doesn't need powers, but that doesn't mean he's the best.
Glad you liked it wink . I must admit that I used to think similarly to those we speak of. Before I decided to REALLY dive into comics, I was of the mindset that Batman was infallible. rolleyes Woe unto those who dared cross his path.

But then I actually cracked open some books and am proud to say I'm a much more...balanced? comic book reader. There are still quite a few titles (Superman and Batman alike) that I hope to own sometime soon.

It doesn't help that some writers and editors seem to be biased in having a more positive opinion of Batman over Superman. Or maybe just more sympathy. Who knows?

Captain Talavar
Did you pick up the Injustice preview yesterday? Read it and I must say I am interested to see how everything unfolds. Joker completely f****d over Superman and Metropolis, and my heart goes out to the big guy sad . Will I be getting the game? Possibly. Then again, the story is very reminiscent of Joker's own past (one of his many, of course). Person experiences traumatic occurrence and dramatically changes, be it for better or worse. However, I wasn't aware that Superman is supposed to be the main 'villain' for the game :la. Interesante...

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Exactly, this is stupid.

Batman is sooooo much better than Superman. I mean, come on. stare

King Ursa Major
Exactly, this is stupid.

Sorry dude, but you're going to have to do better than that if you want to contribute to this hellstorm waiting to happen.

I can say pants are the single worst thing to happen to mankind, but without any supporting points, I might as well be foaming at the mouth and throwing dung at anyone else who disagrees.
King Ursa Major
Exactly, this is stupid.

And why is he? "I mean, come on" is not a valid argument.

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
ydoubother
King Ursa Major
Exactly, this is stupid.

Sorry dude, but you're going to have to do better than that if you want to contribute to this hellstorm waiting to happen.

I can say pants are the single worst thing to happen to mankind, but without any supporting points, I might as well be foaming at the mouth and throwing dung at anyone else who disagrees.

Oh well, I always thought the whole Batman vs. Superman concept was a little stupid.

Comics favor Superman but the Animated World favors Batman.
King Ursa Major
ydoubother
King Ursa Major
Exactly, this is stupid.

Oh well, I always thought the whole Batman vs. Superman concept was a little stupid.

You're not doing anything to explain what you mean by "favoring" them, and really, Batman's favored in everything. Unfairly, I might add.

Steadfast Protector

More people can relate to Batman than Superman.

I'd look up to Supes more, but it's hard to write good stories for him, and a lot of writers don't
bother. So, we end up with more reasons for people to like Batman.

But popularity =/= who is stronger.
Star Trek fans sometimes can't accept that the Empire of Star Wars would roll over the
Federation, Klingons, or Romulans fairly easily. The Empire has centuries and centuries
more advanced technology. The Empire has resources FAR greater because they cover
a MUCH bigger area. So, in a fight, the Empire wins.

But ultimately, who cares? I'd still prefer, say, DS9 to any TV show for SW I've seen yet.
But people often can't tell the difference between the 2 distinctions.

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
Batman DOES know Superman's strengths and weaknesses....that's why its funny^^ Superman may be far more powerful than Batman, he may have comparable intellect, but he doesn't use it as well. Batman, through incredible skill and a little luck, will make it the running gag of a series that if you pit him up against the most powerful characters in the DCU....the Kryptonians or Darkseid or Grog or Grundy or whoever.....he will win. He's like Squirrel Girl, but more popular and less smiley. If you're friggin Superman, you'll be afraid to make a move, cuz Batman will sit there, look at you, and you know he's already figured out how he'll kick your a**. You can move faster than a speeding bullet and he's already 5 steps ahead of you/

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Captain Talavar
King Ursa Major
ydoubother
King Ursa Major
Exactly, this is stupid.

You're not doing anything to explain what you mean by "favoring" them, and really, Batman's favored in everything. Unfairly, I might add.

I'm not explaining because I made the mistake of continuing a conversation I never intended to happen. My first post was only a joke. I could care less about the Superman vs Batman concept. Arguing over who ad what's better is not on my bucket list.
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
Batman DOES know Superman's strengths and weaknesses....that's why its funny^^ Superman may be far more powerful than Batman, he may have comparable intellect, but he doesn't use it as well. Batman, through incredible skill and a little luck, will make it the running gag of a series that if you pit him up against the most powerful characters in the DCU....the Kryptonians or Darkseid or Grog or Grundy or whoever.....he will win. He's like Squirrel Girl, but more popular and less smiley. If you're friggin Superman, you'll be afraid to make a move, cuz Batman will sit there, look at you, and you know he's already figured out how he'll kick your a**. You can move faster than a speeding bullet and he's already 5 steps ahead of you/

If any of that was true, no one would be allowed to say Superman is too powerful ever again. Batman always wins just like Superman does. It's the formula of the genre. BUT, Superman's victories are more credible because he has super powers. Superman makes more sense because he is an alien, and his amazing feats make sense. For all the talk about how Batman is just a human, he's rarely ever portrayed as one. Superman isn't a normal human being though. His abilities are justified in story, while Batman's abilities are not. The only explanation I hear is "because he's Batman" and yet, Superman is the one people say is unrealistic.

Plus, Superman routinely wipes the floor with a genius billionaire with the latest and best technology. His name is Lex Luthor.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff