Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The hate on Aquaman is that no one understands him, and he's become an iconic joke. I personally make fun of him all the time. He is super strong, an amazing fighter, breathes underwater, commands sea creatures, and does other things. Point is, he's become a joke because everything thinks he's useless above water, when he's proven to be useful on land.Aquaman is a great character that DC SHOULD use more.They kinda gave everything away to Superman and Batman. So, when you see another DC hero you don't think much of them because Superman and Batman are their power whores. I think they need to renerf Batman and Superman and let their other heros shine.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Personally, at this point I'm honestly just sick of talking about why Aquaman isn't lame. Since Geoff Johns seems so intent on jamming down our ******** throats.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jackie-senpai
Personally, at this point I'm honestly just sick of talking about why Aquaman isn't lame. Since Geoff Johns seems so intent on jamming down our ******** throats.

I can understand that but I'm personally sick of them saying his useless because of his powers. Well, because he is an Atlantean, he is naturally stronger and tougher than a land-dwelling human, because his body evolved to handle enormous pressure. He is a telepath; he doesn't talk to fish, he mentally controls them. He can breathe underwater and swim at far greater speed than even the best normal swimmers.Peter David's Aquaman was better in my opinion.

Witty Phantom

His powers would be impressive if every ocean creature could walk on land. If a shark could live on land, we'd all be ********.

Wealthy Entrepreneur

NightwingBeyond
The hate on Aquaman is that no one understands him, and he's become an iconic joke. I personally make fun of him all the time. He is super strong, an amazing fighter, breathes underwater, commands sea creatures, and does other things. Point is, he's become a joke because everything thinks he's useless above water, when he's proven to be useful on land.Aquaman is a great character that DC SHOULD use more.They kinda gave everything away to Superman and Batman. So, when you see another DC hero you don't think much of them because Superman and Batman are their power whores. I think they need to renerf Batman and Superman and let their other heros shine.

Everybody is jealous that he can do most things humans cant. I guess ? o uo

Witty Phantom

D_Grayson_NW
NightwingBeyond

I, personally, would love to be able to talk to my goldfish.

Wealthy Entrepreneur

Eternal Marionetta
D_Grayson_NW
NightwingBeyond

I, personally, would love to be able to talk to my goldfish.

Exactly! you know how f'n cool it would be to talk to water creatures O3O

Vermillion Bibliophile

NightwingBeyond

I don't know how you can Nerf someone with no powers or someone who's suppose to be pretty much invincible yet time and time again gets wailed and walloped upon by people with minor powers or people who happen to have his "one" weakness...which is a rock?

I will however agree that they should do more with their other heroes....I mean it seems pointless to have made the who-knows-how-many characters, just to focus on 2 or 3 of them.
Zero the Crimson
I don't know how you can Nerf someone with no powers or someone who's suppose to be pretty much invincible yet time and time again gets wailed and walloped upon by people with minor powers or people who happen to have his "one" weakness...which is a rock?

1. You forgot to mention that the first someone has no powers except "writer bias" which allows him to magically be able to beat anyone and anything even though it's completely stupid and unrealistic even in a world where costumed super-powered people are taken with a straight face.

2. That second someone usually isn't supposed to be invincible, and he's not usually walloped upon by people with minor powers unless "writer bias" kicks in, which happens to be a weakness for him because as much as people hate on Aquaman for dumb reasons, Superman's just as likely to get hated and misunderstood.

Why the hate on characters like these? Easy: it's popular. People just parrot what they hear others say so they can seem smart. It doesn't help that this negative stereotyping has invaded mainstream media too, with folks like Tarantino who completely misunderstands Superman as a character rambling about him from time to time in various movies, and shows like Family Guy using Aquaman as a punchline several times.

Like I said, the hate is just a popularity thing, and it's rather pathetic. Most unfortunate is that this kind of s**t has cropped up in the offices of DC and the people who license DC characters. Even they have a hard time liking Superman and Aquaman, and it's only because golden boy Geoff Johns happens to dig Aquaman that he's had any kind of popularity revival. Once he's off the title, Aquaman will probably go back in the shitter. If his name's not Batman, DC doesn't usually like to keep top writers and artists on a character for too long. They'd rather send them out to do crap like Before Watchmen.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Captain Talavar
Zero the Crimson

1. You forgot to mention that the first someone has no powers except "writer bias" which allows him to magically be able to beat anyone and anything even though it's completely stupid and unrealistic even in a world where costumed super-powered people are taken with a straight face.

2. That second someone usually isn't supposed to be invincible, and he's not usually walloped upon by people with minor powers unless "writer bias" kicks in, which happens to be a weakness for him because as much as people hate on Aquaman for dumb reasons, Superman's just as likely to get hated and misunderstood.

Why the hate on characters like these? Easy: it's popular. People just parrot what they hear others say so they can seem smart. It doesn't help that this negative stereotyping has invaded mainstream media too, with folks like Tarantino who completely misunderstands Superman as a character rambling about him from time to time in various movies, and shows like Family Guy using Aquaman as a punchline several times.

Like I said, the hate is just a popularity thing, and it's rather pathetic. Most unfortunate is that this kind of s**t has cropped up in the offices of DC and the people who license DC characters. Even they have a hard time liking Superman and Aquaman, and it's only because golden boy Geoff Johns happens to dig Aquaman that he's had any kind of popularity revival. Once he's off the title, Aquaman will probably go back in the shitter. If his name's not Batman, DC doesn't usually like to keep top writers and artists on a character for too long. They'd rather send them out to do crap like Before Watchmen.

Well, writers bias is a rather common event in most any title, which is why no matter how twisted and/or confusing the plot..it's not impossible to see the outcome way beforehand unless the writer decides to kill off characters.

Actually, I hate on characters like those (superman mainly) because of a personal bias that I've had for so long that I don't even remember what started it. It's not that they're bad...It's just that, personally, I don't like them.
Zero the Crimson
Captain Talavar
Zero the Crimson

Well, writers bias is a rather common event in most any title, which is why no matter how twisted and/or confusing the plot..it's not impossible to see the outcome way beforehand unless the writer decides to kill off characters.

Actually, I hate on characters like those (superman mainly) because of a personal bias that I've had for so long that I don't even remember what started it. It's not that they're bad...It's just that, personally, I don't like them.

The "writer bias" thing usually applies when a character is out of their zone. Batman's made to be able to take down anyone and anything even though it's stupid and unrealistic that he'd be able to do so, while Superman's power levels are made inconsistent thanks to a desire from in-house haters to portray him as overpowered and a wimp, both things Superman haters nag about despite how obviously contradictory they are. As a Superman fan, it annoys me to no end when people hate Superman for reasons so lame it's clear they don't know anything about Superman, or base their hatred on depictions of him written by other people who hate him and/or don't know anything about him. Taste aside, that tends to be the case rather frequently, as I've noticed.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Captain Talavar
Zero the Crimson
Captain Talavar
Zero the Crimson

The "writer bias" thing usually applies when a character is out of their zone. Batman's made to be able to take down anyone and anything even though it's stupid and unrealistic that he'd be able to do so, while Superman's power levels are made inconsistent thanks to a desire from in-house haters to portray him as overpowered and a wimp, both things Superman haters nag about despite how obviously contradictory they are. As a Superman fan, it annoys me to no end when people hate Superman for reasons so lame it's clear they don't know anything about Superman, or base their hatred on depictions of him written by other people who hate him and/or don't know anything about him. Taste aside, that tends to be the case rather frequently, as I've noticed.

Pretty much.

To be honest though, it does seem rather unnecessary to get angry about people making jokes of characters. Whether they mean it to be an insult or if just in harmless fun...it's always going to happen and there's no way to stop it. (I'd be a walking mass of anger if I did..considering how many series I'm a fan of and just how many haters there are in the world.)
Zero the Crimson
Captain Talavar
Zero the Crimson
Captain Talavar
Zero the Crimson

Pretty much.

To be honest though, it does seem rather unnecessary to get angry about people making jokes of characters. Whether they mean it to be an insult or if just in harmless fun...it's always going to happen and there's no way to stop it. (I'd be a walking mass of anger if I did..considering how many series I'm a fan of and just how many haters there are in the world.)

Oh, I don't mean jokes. With jokes there's a lot more mileage. sweatdrop

Vermillion Bibliophile

Captain Talavar

Oh, I don't mean jokes. With jokes there's a lot more mileage. sweatdrop

I see.

Shameless Nerd

16,100 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Well...Aquaman does suck fish pee.

Poor Aqualad doesn't have it any better crying