Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Raider

5,600 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I love hearing about the pros and cons of each publication. I'm truly interested in everyones opinion so the more reasons and specifications you give, the better! 3nodding

Liberal Elocutionist

Oh man, I hate the polarization between the two.
I love them both.
I hate how Marvel starts a new event two to three times a year and wish that they'd only do that once every two years or so.
I hate the new52 of DC and wish they'd just go back to the comics they had before.
But I refuse to pick a favorite.
Sometimes I want to read one more than the other- for instance I'm feeling really partial to Nightwing comics right now- but I can't say which company is my favorite.
I wish they'd go back to having the occasional crossover like with one of my favorite comics, Batman and Captain America (1996).

Distinct Raider

5,600 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I feel the same, I go back and forth between the two, depending on my mood whee Crossovers are probably my favorite concept which is why I'm partial to Marvel and DC; it's a very avid part of their storylines.
i read comics from both so i don't really have a preference, though i do prefer DC's older series to the new 52 at the moment. there's series i love from the both of them. C:

Liberal Elocutionist

Mira_BrockHouse
I feel the same, I go back and forth between the two, depending on my mood whee Crossovers are probably my favorite concept which is why I'm partial to Marvel and DC; it's a very avid part of their storylines.

Or rather it used to be.
They haven't crossed over with each other in a very long time.

Prince Asty's Partner In Crime

Sexy Goat

19,900 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Canny Agent 50
Watch out,
my summon is all powerful
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Both honestly. I have comics from both companies. Though I prefer DC over Marvel.User Image

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Friendly Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ie Batman
Watch out,

Both honestly. I have comics from both companies. Though I prefer DC over Marvel.User Image

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

First - I love your avi. Tim Drake~ 3nodding
Anyways I agree. Although I don't own any Marvel comics, purely DC with Batman family/New Teen Titans. Both companies are great! It's really more on the person perference in hereoes than anything. 3nodding
When it comes to Marvel, my favorites are Stan Lee's creations as for DC, there's so many I could list but let's just say they're amazing artist.

Sexy Goat

19,900 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Canny Agent 50
Dark_Legend94
Ie Batman
Watch out,

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Anyways I agree. Although I don't own any Marvel comics, purely DC with Batman family/New Teen Titans. Both companies are great! It's really more on the person perference in hereoes than anything. 3nodding
When it comes to Marvel, my favorites are Stan Lee's creations as for DC, there's so many I could list but let's just say they're amazing artist.
Watch out,

ouo Thanks~
They really are both great. And both really do have great artists. I prefer DC's heroes over Marvels'. I've got more DC comics than I do Marvel, only because I have specific tastes with Marvel- Deadpool, Young Avengers, Spiderman, The Avengers, With DC it's bigger- Batman, Batman and Robin, Young Justice, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Superboy[Pre-reboot], Red Robin, Teen Titans[pre-reboot]. Though I'm still a bit angry with DC and the reboot, I've learned to deal with it. Though I still think someone should fire Scott Lobdell and take away all the red markers.User Image

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan
I do not favor one over the other. Though I will say both companies have writers who I'll follow to any title, Rick Remender for Marvel and Scott Snyder for DC.

Friendly Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ie Batman
Dark_Legend94
Ie Batman
Watch out,

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Watch out,

ouo Thanks~
They really are both great. And both really do have great artists. I prefer DC's heroes over Marvels'. I've got more DC comics than I do Marvel, only because I have specific tastes with Marvel- Deadpool, Young Avengers, Spiderman, The Avengers, With DC it's bigger- Batman, Batman and Robin, Young Justice, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Superboy[Pre-reboot], Red Robin, Teen Titans[pre-reboot]. Though I'm still a bit angry with DC and the reboot, I've learned to deal with it. Though I still think someone should fire Scott Lobdell and take away all the red markers.User Image

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Absolutely. I don't understand where the fan wars start from since they're both great companies. of course you'll have those more dedicated to one company fans.
If only they would realize that half of their favorite writers/artist have worked on/off for DC/Marvel. rolleyes
Anyways yes with Marvel; although I have not read complete issues - Deadpool is one of my favorites and I can't wait for the game! Nolan North as Deadpool will be amazing. 3nodding
From DC, I'm still expanding my collection but I have Grant Morrison's run on Batman & Robin, Batgirl [Cassandra Cain] a couple of Tiny Titans [they're adorable] and a few The New Teen Titans [80's], Nightwing 1st issue in solo series [late 90's] and new 52 1st issue of Nightwing. I haven't had a chance to check out the Young Justice comic series but I'm a big fan of the show on CN. I'm more of a d**k Grayson fangirl but I'm happy they added Tim Drake in season two. 3nodding
Is there any issues/series you recommend for Red Robin? I want to get into them but honestly don't know where to start since I've seen him appear in several Batfamily comics. sweatdrop
I agree, I'm still a little 'eh' about the new 52 series.
I've learned to get over and deal with it but I still have issues with what they've done specifically to Starfire. She's such a great character but DC has no love for her. Not only her but there's plenty of things in the new 52 that are just... wrong or missing or suddenly conveniently nonexistent. Is Scott working on another series besides the Outlaws? I'm sure he's making it seem like he's doing a good job and creating something new and refreshing but... just... no. I wanted to give RHTO a chance but now it doesn't exist to me at all.

Sexy Goat

19,900 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Canny Agent 50
Dark_Legend94
Ie Batman
Dark_Legend94
Ie Batman
Watch out,

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Watch out,

ouo Thanks~

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Absolutely. I don't understand where the fan wars start from since they're both great companies. of course you'll have those more dedicated to one company fans.
If only they would realize that half of their favorite writers/artist have worked on/off for DC/Marvel. rolleyes
Anyways yes with Marvel; although I have not read complete issues - Deadpool is one of my favorites and I can't wait for the game! Nolan North as Deadpool will be amazing. 3nodding
From DC, I'm still expanding my collection but I have Grant Morrison's run on Batman & Robin, Batgirl [Cassandra Cain] a couple of Tiny Titans [they're adorable] and a few The New Teen Titans [80's], Nightwing 1st issue in solo series [late 90's] and new 52 1st issue of Nightwing. I haven't had a chance to check out the Young Justice comic series but I'm a big fan of the show on CN. I'm more of a d**k Grayson fangirl but I'm happy they added Tim Drake in season two. 3nodding
Is there any issues/series you recommend for Red Robin? I want to get into them but honestly don't know where to start since I've seen him appear in several Batfamily comics. sweatdrop
I've learned to get over and deal with it but I still have issues with what they've done specifically to Starfire. She's such a great character but DC has no love for her. Not only her but there's plenty of things in the new 52 that are just... wrong or missing or suddenly conveniently nonexistent. Is Scott working on another series besides the Outlaws? I'm sure he's making it seem like he's doing a good job and creating something new and refreshing but... just... no. I wanted to give RHTO a chance but now it doesn't exist to me at all.
Watch out,

I too am a Grayson fangirl, xD. Lets see, for Red Robin, the "Pupil of Ra's Al Ghul?" was an excellent issue, it's #5 though, so you'd probably want to start at #1. You might also check out "Robin", it's a stand alone series about Tim. I've got a few of them, I think they're from the '80's. I absolutly love Kori, I just hate that she's been turned into a Space kitten in RHATO, she was so much more, though I do like what's been going on with her lately. Back in Tamaranian space, about to beat the s**t out of Komand'r. I still utterly hate what Lobdell has done to Jason though. and it's nice to see Roy, but his "Planned Stupidity" gets on my nerves at times. Yeah, I don't remember if Scott was taken off RHATO, but I know he was taken off Superboy [another Character he ruined]. And his run with the Teen Titans and him claiming that Tim was never Robin, and changing his entire back story has made me further hate the man. Woops, I ranted xDUser Image

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Dangerous Visionary

TBH they always kind of been very similar to me. Like either same powers or skills yet different face/character or same theme different characters. Plus they both do a great job alienated women and minority readers MOST of the flippin' time with all these reboots, rewrites, sexist over/under tones, and such.... (Marvel ironically moreso than DC IMPO)

Thus, third option everyone but the big two as currently been on an Oni-press gig and I have been loving every single title I can get at my PL and really just enjoy the simplistic side of comics. Oh IDW for Turtles and Image for Saga (that I haven't been keeping up with sadly) and Kodansha for Sailor Moon.

Enduring Gaian

I generally prefer DC, mostly because I have been more invested in their characters thanks to their superior animated shows. Lately they've been dropping the ball in comics, so I don't much care for them at all.

Marvel has always been a more difficult relationship for me. I only ever cared about the X-men, due to one or two cartoons over the years, but X-men comics rarely feature the same cast of characters as their animated counterparts, and Wolverine & Cyclops, who I am not so keen on, are usually the only constants. I really love a lot of the Marvel concepts, though.
I don't really prefer one over the other. They're both great, they both make me want to pull my hair out sometimes. They both have awesome characters and, in some places, awesome talent. They are both well known for screwing over creators, in the past and the present. I really don't see the point in picking one over the other.

If I were to say I prefer one company over others, I'd say I prefer Dark Horse. Pretty much anything with Mike Mignola's name on it is a win for me.

Friendly Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ie Batman
Dark_Legend94
Ie Batman
Dark_Legend94
Ie Batman
Watch out,

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Watch out,

ouo Thanks~

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Watch out,

I too am a Grayson fangirl, xD. Lets see, for Red Robin, the "Pupil of Ra's Al Ghul?" was an excellent issue, it's #5 though, so you'd probably want to start at #1. You might also check out "Robin", it's a stand alone series about Tim. I've got a few of them, I think they're from the '80's. I absolutly love Kori, I just hate that she's been turned into a Space kitten in RHATO, she was so much more, though I do like what's been going on with her lately. Back in Tamaranian space, about to beat the s**t out of Komand'r. I still utterly hate what Lobdell has done to Jason though. and it's nice to see Roy, but his "Planned Stupidity" gets on my nerves at times. Yeah, I don't remember if Scott was taken off RHATO, but I know he was taken off Superboy [another Character he ruined]. And his run with the Teen Titans and him claiming that Tim was never Robin, and changing his entire back story has made me further hate the man. Woops, I ranted xDUser Image

I'm Bruceman.
Fuq
I'm Batwayne!
Damnit!
....I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaan

Late reply; thanks I'll try to look into the Robin series and any Tim ones I can find! I'm going to a comic expo here in my state so hopefully I'll find some new and old issues alike. Yeah, exactly! Koriand'r is so much more than sex on legs - she had a pretty messed up and practically non existent childhood, she thrives for knowledge and warmth but she's not stupid/naive, she's as strong and independent as any other DC femme fatale like Donna Troy. It breaks my heart to see Kory mention d**k as only, 'That man I can't remember who he is' I'm a sucker for the whole 80's d**k/Kory romance. The only thing I'll praise RHATO about is the art style and coloring as well as the fact that they show Kory as a child which hasn't been done in years. How is Komand'r's design in the series? Does she still look the same as Kory but with only black hair like in NTT? Yeah Roy seems stupid, which he isn't but seriously? being the goofball 24/7 was never his thing. I prefer Roy more when he was raising Lian; and Jason... I haven't read any issues in the series but from my point of view he seems a little lost, like he doesn't know what he wants. Jason is a lot of things and among those he is possibly one of the biggest trolls I know in the Batfamily but he was never insecure other than his constant daddy issues. Man and I thought hearing about how Grant Morrison supposedly ruined Batman was bad. xD So did he ruin the Superboy series from the 90's? Tim not being Robin? Wow thats almost the same thing as DC saying Jason was never Robin in the animated cartoon versions of Batman. So have you read any Nightwing comics? I really don't like his 52 Black and Red outfit but I'll suck it up and continue the series since I heard it's pretty good. Dammit -.- One of my most favorite thing about older comics is when d**k is an officer and you see him balance that out with being a crime fighter at night working in Bludhaven. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff