Yes. 0.38 38.0% [ 38 ]
Some. 0.15 15.0% [ 15 ]
A little. 0.12 12.0% [ 12 ]
One or Two Series. 0.16 16.0% [ 16 ]
None. 0.1 10.0% [ 10 ]
******** DC Comics. 0.09 9.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Which New 52 DC Titles are you guys currently reading?

I'm up to date on some series and catching up on a few of the others.

The series I'm caught up on are:
Animal Man
Batwoman
Birds of Prey
Earth 2
Katana
Batman/Superman
The Movement
Trinity of Sin: Pandora
Justice League
Justice League of America
Superman Unchained
Wonder Woman
Vibe
Aquaman
Catwoman
Batgirl

The series I'm catching up on are:
Batman (9 issues in)
Nightwing (9 issues in)
Batwing (7 issues in)
Supergirl (8 issues in)
Worlds Finest: Huntress/Powergirl (9 issues in)
Phantom Stranger (2 issues in)
Suicide Squad (9 issues in)
Red Hood & The Outlaws (9 issues in)

What're you guys reading? Anything else I should be checking out? Or just simply opinions.
ive read the 1st issue for pretty much every N52 titles.
So if they're not listed above, I probably dropped their title.

Versatile Receiver

Aquaman
Flash
Earth 2
Batman/Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
GLC
GLNG
Larfleeze
JLA
Vibe
Batwoman
Phantom Stranger
Swamp Thing
All Star Western
Suicide Squad
Animal Man
Red Lanterns

are what I pick up month to month. I'm picking up JLD and JL for Trinity War, I'll probably drop JL afterwards again and go back to ignoring JLD until the new writer comes on.

There's a few things I keep meaning to catch up on like Pandora and Nightwing but I keep forgetting about them xp
Vartox
Aquaman
Flash
Earth 2
Batman/Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
GLC
GLNG
Larfleeze
JLA
Vibe
Batwoman
Phantom Stranger
Swamp Thing
All Star Western
Suicide Squad
Animal Man
Red Lanterns

are what I pick up month to month. I'm picking up JLD and JL for Trinity War, I'll probably drop JL afterwards again and go back to ignoring JLD until the new writer comes on.

There's a few things I keep meaning to catch up on like Pandora and Nightwing but I keep forgetting about them xp
I picked up the JLD issues for Trinity War but I just could never get into it. As much as I love Zatana. I blame John Constantine. I hate him.

I recently dropped Flash, GLNG and Action Comics. They either got boring or were lacking something for me. I also think Batman has too many titles.

I stopped reading Swamp Thing after #18 (end of The Rotworld Arc. SO GOOD) I thought that ending it there was a good place to end it. It's a good series though.

Pandora #1 was okay and I almost dropped it but glad I didn't. There's a cool fight scene with Pandora vs Vandal Savage, Giganta, & Signal Master.

Any you'd recommend picking back up? Or trying out?

Versatile Receiver

Oh My Doodles
I picked up the JLD issues for Trinity War but I just could never get into it. As much as I love Zatana. I blame John Constantine. I hate him.

I recently dropped Flash, GLNG and Action Comics. They either got boring or were lacking something for me. I also think Batman has too many titles.

I stopped reading Swamp Thing after #18 (end of The Rotworld Arc. SO GOOD) I thought that ending it there was a good place to end it. It's a good series though.

Pandora #1 was okay and I almost dropped it but glad I didn't. There's a cool fight scene with Pandora vs Vandal Savage, Giganta, & Signal Master.

I don't mind Constantine, he can be alright in small doses. I don't say this about events too often but I've been liking Trinity War and I'm looking forward to Forever Evil.

Flash has some pacing issues but I ******** love the art and the writing so I'm not willing to let it go. New Guardians... I actually haven't read this book since the first issue until the new writer came on at 21 but I like what he's been doing for the most part. I haven't read Action Comics at all although I've been meaning to especially since Greg Pak is going to be writing it in November and I'm interested to read his work on it.

I actually dropped Swamp Thing during Rotworld because I wasn't enjoying it that much. I started reading it again at... 19 or 20 I think and it's been really great. I liked Pandora #1, just wasn't sure if I liked it enough to add it to my pull because there's some books coming out within the next few months that I know I'll want to add xp

I'd give Swamp Thing a shot again, it's still a good book. If you're reading JLA you might want to give Vibe a shot, it's a solid book.

I'd also recommend Green Arrow, but start at issue 17 and absolutely do not read 1-16, they are not worth reading at all. Green Arrow probably went from one of the worst books in the New 52 to one of the best, it's fantastic now.
Vartox
Oh My Doodles

I don't mind Constantine, he can be alright in small doses. I don't say this about events too often but I've been liking Trinity War and I'm looking forward to Forever Evil.

Flash has some pacing issues but I ******** love the art and the writing so I'm not willing to let it go. New Guardians... I actually haven't read this book since the first issue until the new writer came on at 21 but I like what he's been doing for the most part. I haven't read Action Comics at all although I've been meaning to especially since Greg Pak is going to be writing it in November and I'm interested to read his work on it.

I actually dropped Swamp Thing during Rotworld because I wasn't enjoying it that much. I started reading it again at... 19 or 20 I think and it's been really great. I liked Pandora #1, just wasn't sure if I liked it enough to add it to my pull because there's some books coming out within the next few months that I know I'll want to add xp

I'd give Swamp Thing a shot again, it's still a good book. If you're reading JLA you might want to give Vibe a shot, it's a solid book.

I'd also recommend Green Arrow, but start at issue 17 and absolutely do not read 1-16, they are not worth reading at all. Green Arrow probably went from one of the worst books in the New 52 to one of the best, it's fantastic now..

I'm enjoying Trinity War too. I enjoyed Rotworld, as mentioned but I was kind of... Bored during Death in the Family. I'll probably pick up a few of the Forever Evil books, Joker, Cheetah, Poison Ivy etc.

I might give Flash another chance then. I dropped it after issue #3 or 4... I really like Jae Lee's art. He does Batman/Superman and the Animal Man covers.

I red Green Arrow #1 I thought it was alright. I read Action Comics until Clark got the Traditional (N52 version) suit. It got confusing.

I was actually wondering about Vibe. I LOVE Katana. I loved her in BoP so naturally I followed her solo and JLA.

Versatile Receiver

Oh My Doodles

I'm enjoying Trinity War too. I enjoyed Rotworld, as mentioned but I was kind of... Bored during Death in the Family. I'll probably pick up a few of the Forever Evil books, Joker, Cheetah, Poison Ivy etc.

I might give Flash another chance then. I dropped it after issue #3 or 4... I really like Jae Lee's art. He does Batman/Superman and the Animal Man covers.

I red Green Arrow #1 I thought it was alright. I read Action Comics until Clark got the Traditional (N52 version) suit. It got confusing.

I was actually wondering about Vibe. I LOVE Katana. I loved her in BoP so naturally I followed her solo and JLA.
I haven't read all of Rotworld yet, once it's collected I will probably give it another shot. I actually liked Death of the Family and I've been enjoying Snyder's Batman stuff for the most part. There's quite a few Villain Month books I want to read plus most of the minis and the main event, I love a lot of the villains involved so it all sounds pretty sweet to me.

I think Flash probably reads better in chunks rather than monthly, I'd say give it another shot. I love Jae Lee too, Batman/Superman has been great so far. Lee did covers for Phantom Stranger too and they were phenomenal. Speaking of Phantom Stranger, that got off to a rocky start but after issue 4 it really picked up and now it's gotten really good, I'd say give that a shot too.

Green Arrow had a fairly bad start and then it got even worse but after issue 17 it skyrocketed in quality. I do like Vibe and Katana both, they are pretty good books. I think Vibe's only got five or six issues out so it'd be easy to catch up on.
Vartox
Oh My Doodles

I haven't read all of Rotworld yet, once it's collected I will probably give it another shot. I actually liked Death of the Family and I've been enjoying Snyder's Batman stuff for the most part. There's quite a few Villain Month books I want to read plus most of the minis and the main event, I love a lot of the villains involved so it all sounds pretty sweet to me.

I think Flash probably reads better in chunks rather than monthly, I'd say give it another shot. I love Jae Lee too, Batman/Superman has been great so far. Lee did covers for Phantom Stranger too and they were phenomenal. Speaking of Phantom Stranger, that got off to a rocky start but after issue 4 it really picked up and now it's gotten really good, I'd say give that a shot too.

Green Arrow had a fairly bad start and then it got even worse but after issue 17 it skyrocketed in quality. I do like Vibe and Katana both, they are pretty good books. I think Vibe's only got five or six issues out so it'd be easy to catch up on.

im going to give Vibe, Phantom Stranger, and Green Arrow #17+ a shot. I'm excited for 3 of the new series. Harley Quinn, mostly because Amanda Conner is writing it I loved her art on Pre52 Power Girl. I'm also going to check out Justice League 3000, which I think is a PRIME chance to bring Donna Troy and Wally West into the New 52 and I'm excited for Superman/Wonder Woman. I think it'll be good.

Rotworld is good, sad ending though. No spoilers. So far I really like the Batman series. Didn't care for the other Batman titles (such as Batman Inc, Batman and Robin, Batman: The Dark Knight) so I'm excited to see where it goes. I'm REALLY enjoying Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
Vartox

Do you read The Movement by Gail Simone?

I just finished Green Arrow #17. I LOVE the art. I'm gonna pursue this through the arc and then we'll see after.

Vibe surprised me with how good it was! I will definitely add this series to my pull. Now that I think on it, he really doesn't get enough panels in JLA. I do hope they show him more.

Phantom Stranger was good. I was happy to see Raven! To be honest though, I almost didn't read this when I saw Dan Didio was the writer for this one. I'm still on the fence about it but you did say it really picks up around issue #4 so I'll give it till then.

Versatile Receiver

Oh My Doodles
Vartox

Do you read The Movement by Gail Simone?

I just finished Green Arrow #17. I LOVE the art. I'm gonna pursue this through the arc and then we'll see after.

Vibe surprised me with how good it was! I will definitely add this series to my pull. Now that I think on it, he really doesn't get enough panels in JLA. I do hope they show him more.

Phantom Stranger was good. I was happy to see Raven! To be honest though, I almost didn't read this when I saw Dan Didio was the writer for this one. I'm still on the fence about it but you did say it really picks up around issue #4 so I'll give it till then.
I'm glad you liked them!

I like Vibe a lot. The panels he shares with Hawkman in JLA are probably my favorite parts of that series, haha.

Didio only writes a few issues of Phantom Stranger, then DeMatteis takes on as co-plotter at issue 4 and moves to being the sole writer after that. I like DeMatteis a lot, this kind of metaphysical stuff is up his alley.

I've read the first couple issues of the Movement. Didn't care much for the first issue but I thought the second issue was really an improvement. I plan on catching up to it soon, it's only got a few issues out right?
I'm also looking forward to Harley Quinn, Superman/WW and JL3000, they all sound pretty neat to me.
Vartox
I'm glad you liked them!

I like Vibe a lot. The panels he shares with Hawkman in JLA are probably my favorite parts of that series, haha.

Didio only writes a few issues of Phantom Stranger, then DeMatteis takes on as co-plotter at issue 4 and moves to being the sole writer after that. I like DeMatteis a lot, this kind of metaphysical stuff is up his alley.

I've read the first couple issues of the Movement. Didn't care much for the first issue but I thought the second issue was really an improvement. I plan on catching up to it soon, it's only got a few issues out right?
I'm also looking forward to Harley Quinn, Superman/WW and JL3000, they all sound pretty neat to me.

The action really picks up in issue #4 of The Movement and they give a few back stories. It's really shaping up to be an interesting read.

Haha yes! I laughed when Hawkman sat down and Vibe was like, "You're covered in blood." "It's not my blood." Then Vibe edges his chair away. That's probably exactly what I would've done too. When JLA was announced I got excited because Katana and Catwoman were on the team, they're two of my favorite DC ladies. My roommate (who doesn't really read comics but likes to hear about them) was excited to see Martian Manhunter.

That honestly ups Phantom Stranger's chances of staying on my pull. My problem with Didio is, it seems like everytime he's interviewed about a series or story arc before its completed he ALWAYS says "There's going to be a tragedy that will change the Character/Team/DC Universe forever." Uhm I think there's been enough tragedies for now. He hinted at something really bad happening to Lois Lane in Villains Month and one of the promotional posters shows Nightwing's elblem dripping with what I assume is blood. Those are two VERY big characters in DC and I'm hoping that neither gets killed or crippled or maimed..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff