Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Visionary

Jin_of_the_thunder
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder

I still don't get it, what do you mean the trade? do you mean waiting for it to be completed and turned into graphic novel?

Gonna answer for him wink Yes that's what trades are, the collected editions of the single issue volumes. For example my favorite trade collection is Y-The Last Man.

lol oh okay... so whats wrong with buying them?

LOL we do buy them just in the collected trade edition. Or we go to the library and rent them. 4laugh You keep thinking its trade as in the general definition but its not. comic trades=/=trade.

lol no not like that, the guy said it was wrong to wait for trades, i don't get why?

He buys the collected editions (The Trades) not the single issue/monthly. Well with Marvel and DC it's just better deal since you get no ads and a whole arch or storyline without having to wait. Most people are trade waiters these days since the price of comics are just too much. I have been waiting for my public library to get some of the new 52 trades or waiting till the paperbacks come in.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder

I still don't get it, what do you mean the trade? do you mean waiting for it to be completed and turned into graphic novel?

Gonna answer for him wink Yes that's what trades are, the collected editions of the single issue volumes. For example my favorite trade collection is Y-The Last Man.

LOL we do buy them just in the collected trade edition. Or we go to the library and rent them. 4laugh You keep thinking its trade as in the general definition but its not. comic trades=/=trade.

lol no not like that, the guy said it was wrong to wait for trades, i don't get why?

He buys the collected editions (The Trades) not the single issue/monthly. Well with Marvel and DC it's just better deal since you get no ads and a whole arch or storyline without having to wait. Most people are trade waiters these days since the price of comics are just too much. I have been waiting for my public library to get some of the new 52 trades or waiting till the paperbacks come in.

ah right, i kind of do that to be honest. I don't really have the time to hunt round for comics to be honest, i don't have a comic shop in my town or anything. although since i got my ipad i've been spending way to much on digital comics lol

Dangerous Visionary

Jin_of_the_thunder
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder

ah right, i kind of do that to be honest. I don't really have the time to hunt round for comics to be honest, i don't have a comic shop in my town or anything. although since i got my ipad i've been spending way to much on digital comics lol

Check your library as well. I know they aren't all created equal and have piss poor selections but you can try. Never know yours might actually have a pretty good collection of comics.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder

Check your library as well. I know they aren't all created equal and have piss poor selections but you can try. Never know yours might actually have a pretty good collection of comics.

i've been a few times but they really didn't have anything great. well thats not really true but its mostly DC stuff and... yeah lol

Dangerous Visionary

Jin_of_the_thunder

i've been a few times but they really didn't have anything great. well thats not really true but its mostly DC stuff and... yeah lol

Check the catalog and ask if they are able to loan outside the local system (IE out of county, state) Mines does it's call link and its totally cool getting trades from Washington (State) xd

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Miss-dark8607
Jin_of_the_thunder

Check the catalog and ask if they are able to loan outside the local system (IE out of county, state) Mines does it's call link and its totally cool getting trades from Washington (State) xd

I could do that but in todays day and age i'd probably be better of downloading scans and buying my own lol. i have a pretty pittiful collection of comics but the GN's I have are pretty cool. quite a few of them are signed as well lol
Miss-dark8607
Kyoujin Tsuru

Miss-dark8607

Man you are one hard person to please. Also that was kind of the point; Scott was a total loser and Romano was the pretty much the standard manic pixie girl.
Exactly. How, am I supposed to be engaged in a romance story when I want to punch both the leads in the face? Sure the premise of using platform video games as a metaphor for a person moving from having immature relationships to mature ones is insanely clever, but I needed much more from those main characters.

LOL. I understand but you are still a hard person to please. You put a lot of thought into all the elements in storytelling. Are you an English major by chance?
I was back in the day.
Jin_of_the_thunder

"Filthy trade waiter" is an old joke on here. If you don't go buying the regular monthlies, then the series likely won't continue and thus no trades. However, enough people tend to buy the regular issues that this isn't really a problem. One of the regulars on here was notorious for always waiting for the trades of comics, so we'd tease him by calling him a "filthy trade waiter". So now, all trade waiters are filthy.

NO EXCEPTIONS! scream

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Kyoujin Tsuru
Jin_of_the_thunder

"Filthy trade waiter" is an old joke on here. If you don't go buying the regular monthlies, then the series likely won't continue and thus no trades. However, enough people tend to buy the regular issues that this isn't really a problem. One of the regulars on here was notorious for always waiting for the trades of comics, so we'd tease him by calling him a "filthy trade waiter". So now, all trade waiters are filthy.

NO EXCEPTIONS! scream

lol ah okay, kinda new to the forum and a lot of the comic terminology...apparently lol
Jin_of_the_thunder
Kyoujin Tsuru
Jin_of_the_thunder

NO EXCEPTIONS! scream

lol ah okay, kinda new to the forum and a lot of the comic terminology...apparently lol
No trouble.

Just don't get us started on Igloo, and you'll be fine.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Kyoujin Tsuru
Jin_of_the_thunder
Kyoujin Tsuru
Jin_of_the_thunder

NO EXCEPTIONS! scream

No trouble.

igloo? actually never mind lol
Jin_of_the_thunder
Kyoujin Tsuru
Jin_of_the_thunder
Kyoujin Tsuru
Jin_of_the_thunder

NO EXCEPTIONS! scream

No trouble.

igloo? actually never mind lol
Wise move, squire.

Dangerous Visionary

Kyoujin Tsuru
Miss-dark8607
Kyoujin Tsuru

Miss-dark8607

Man you are one hard person to please. Also that was kind of the point; Scott was a total loser and Romano was the pretty much the standard manic pixie girl.
Exactly. How, am I supposed to be engaged in a romance story when I want to punch both the leads in the face? Sure the premise of using platform video games as a metaphor for a person moving from having immature relationships to mature ones is insanely clever, but I needed much more from those main characters.

LOL. I understand but you are still a hard person to please. You put a lot of thought into all the elements in storytelling. Are you an English major by chance?
I was back in the day.

Explains a lot. LOL that's why you are so picky. It's okay you keep people on their toes. Unlike me I read mostly anything and will enjoy it. Plus I don't really care if the art is screwy or anything. Unless it's just T&A all in my face. stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff