Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dark Elf

I'm a lady, and therefore don't know the first thing about comics or geek culture.
emotion_awesome

Not.
I grew up with superheroes, thanks to my sister introducing them to me when we were little.
I get not liking the few girls that really do only dress up for the attention and don't know the first thing about the comic character they're dressed as.
[don't try to deny it, there are a few out there I'm sure]
But as for generalizing it so much and saying that most if not all female cosplayers/con-goers are fake?
Yeah no respect for that guy.
It's funny, because I had never really paid that name any attention till all that crap started happening.

Witty Phantom

Captain Mantis
ajsnoopy
Jeeze. Who knew someone involved in such a line of work could be so closed minded in regards to those who support him and his income. I may not have dressed as a character of the same gender as myself at comicon, but everyone should be able to express their love for the characters, stories, and the creators they respect. Regardless if they're male or female.

I can only imagine what he'd say to those of us dressing up as the opposite gender. "A female dressing up as a male comic book villain? Probably trying to come to terms with wanting to be male and not being seen as a weak inferior female." Lameass. And it looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't like crowds. Cosplaying actually helped that phobia, and it was a blast taking photos with other cosplayers. Gotta say my fave being a little Superham Superman biggrin .

The Unholy Three is the only set I own that he worked on, and those I purchased used at a local book store. So yay for helping support my state and not this d-bag of a human. Checked out the wiki before hopping on the thread, and I noticed a note was already made about said statement.

A side note: what happened with Frank Miller? neutral a

Nothing that I've found.
Mark Miller, on the other hand, once joked about pitching The Rape of Wonder Woman and called Lois Lane a slut.
He is another asshat on my shitlist forever.

Wonder Woman is an idol to me. She shows girls that they don't have to feel second best just because they aren't guys. To pitch that idea shows just how ******** up and immature that guy is.
Eternal Marionetta
Wonder Woman is an idol to me. She shows girls that they don't have to feel second best just because they aren't guys. To pitch that idea shows just how ******** up and immature that guy is.

I'm a guy and I always dug Wonder Woman. I'm still pissed that in DC's upcoming event "Trinity War" they've seemingly knocked her out of the Trinity and put Green Lantern in her place.

Proving a point I've stated here several times now: there is no Trinity because DC doesn't even believe in it.

Liberal Elocutionist

Eternal Marionetta
Captain Mantis
ajsnoopy
Jeeze. Who knew someone involved in such a line of work could be so closed minded in regards to those who support him and his income. I may not have dressed as a character of the same gender as myself at comicon, but everyone should be able to express their love for the characters, stories, and the creators they respect. Regardless if they're male or female.

I can only imagine what he'd say to those of us dressing up as the opposite gender. "A female dressing up as a male comic book villain? Probably trying to come to terms with wanting to be male and not being seen as a weak inferior female." Lameass. And it looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't like crowds. Cosplaying actually helped that phobia, and it was a blast taking photos with other cosplayers. Gotta say my fave being a little Superham Superman biggrin .

The Unholy Three is the only set I own that he worked on, and those I purchased used at a local book store. So yay for helping support my state and not this d-bag of a human. Checked out the wiki before hopping on the thread, and I noticed a note was already made about said statement.

A side note: what happened with Frank Miller? neutral a

Nothing that I've found.
Mark Miller, on the other hand, once joked about pitching The Rape of Wonder Woman and called Lois Lane a slut.
He is another asshat on my shitlist forever.

Even before I read comics, I loved Wonder Woman.
She's a superhero and role model for young girls, and the only one I knew about as a kid because she is the only female whose logo is marketed everywhere.
And that's something good for young girls.
Since DC started their war on women (apparently they couldn't take a hint that it didn't work out for the GOP), I've removed all titles by them from my pull list, including Batman and Robin, which I love.
But I refuse to support a company that so adamantly hates my gender and commodifies me.
It's uncomfortable, it's degrading, and I'm enraged.
I will not be picking DC back up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces