Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wally_West
As long as it's not Fantastic Force.

I wondered if it might be!

But they used the name quite recently for a spin-off about the NuEarth-based characters from Millar's run, which is giving me hope that it won't be revived again so soon.

As an alternative to speculating about who might be carking it, shall we speculate about who might join Fantastic More-Than-Four?

I notice She-Hulks just got downgraded from an ongoing to a mini...

Familiar Phantom

Yeah, anything I get invested in with Marvel is doomed to die.

So, orphaned characters with an FF connection? Who could benefit from rebranding with one of Marvel's Evergreen properties?

Cassie Lang, Jen Walters, Crystal (that whole cosmic thing's over, right?), and what the hell, let's throw Wolverine and Deadpool on the team.
Wally_West
Yeah, anything I get invested in with Marvel is doomed to die.

You must be kept away from Marvel Adventures Spider-Man AT ALL COSTS. scream
Is there some way a restraining order can be made to keep you from ever picking up an issue?

I would feel guilty for not having supported She-Hulks, since it does look pretty good and if I'm not buying a Jen book I can't imagine who is, but this one was killed by low retailer orders rather than low sales so my conscience is clear.

Wally_West
So, orphaned characters with an FF connection? Who could benefit from rebranding with one of Marvel's Evergreen properties?

Cassie Lang, Jen Walters, Crystal (that whole cosmic thing's over, right?), and what the hell, let's throw Wolverine and Deadpool on the team.

Is Cassie Lang off Children's Crusade-ing now? Anyone reading it?

Jen and Crystal seem safe bets, since there's the 'Universal Inhumans' subplot bubbling and since he's alluded to events in the Hulk books and to Jen herself specificlly.

Sounds like Deadpool and Wolverine might be having thier slot taken by Spidey (Which I'd be fine with as I love him in an FF-context and it'd go well with the "PETER IS A SCIENTIST, REMEMBER!" emphasis in Amazing right now).
Miss-dark8607
Nekotalim_II
There's a lot of FF I haven't read. Like I said, not a fan of them.

And for the life of me I can't figure out why.

You aren't alone. I have never gotten into them. I guess because their cartoon was weak sauce as well as the Hulk. However, I did enjoy any and all crossover eps that involved either the X-men or Spider-man. neutral I wanted to read the current storyline as I too want to see who gets the axe but...
Here's the part wherein I HATE MY BRAIN!

I've seen both FF Cartoons and LIKED them (the 60's one is hilarious). I especially prefer the 60's Toon version of Dr. Doom to any other iteration. I love the Marvel Two in Ones that feature Benjamin Grimm But almost everytime I've read an actual FF Comic, it feels bland. The era doesn't seem to matter either.

I might be doing something wrong here.
Easily fixed; Start here and if you like it, go up through volume 6. Then go back and read the Lee/Kirby run, followed by the Byrne run.
Linda Lee Danvers
Easily fixed; Start here and if you like it, go up through volume 6. Then go back and read the Lee/Kirby run, followed by the Byrne run.

That's an interesting order choice. You're a bigger FF fan than anybody else on the board, but I'd have put the Byrne run first, then Waid, then Hickman and take or leave Lee/Kirby.
In all honesty, Byrne works better I think with his themes (the team drifting apart and growing up and changing) once you're familiar with them AS a team family unit, which is the singular theme of Waid's run.
Linda Lee Danvers
In all honesty, Byrne works better I think with his themes (the team drifting apart and growing up and changing) once you're familiar with them AS a team family unit, which is the singular theme of Waid's run.

That's sensible. You know I'm just a Byrne in his prime whore (Alpha Flight out tomorrow!)
kissmekillme

That's an interesting order choice. You're a bigger FF fan than anybody else on the board, but I'd have put the Byrne run first, then Waid, then Hickman and take or leave Lee/Kirby.

I'm trying to rank them in my head right now and failing, as I think which ones I prefer shift on a daily basis, and as how high I'd put Hickman and Simonson (which is new-to-me) is being skewed by NRE.

It says a lot though that there existed, at one point, recordings of a ten-year old Pindy reading Byrne's scripts into a tape recorder as dramatically as he could. I shiver even now at the strength of feeling with which my unbroken voice conveyed Sue's hatred of Psycho Man.

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Simonson's run is one I keep meaning to reread, because I didn't have the patience or understanding at the time it came out, exactly WHAT was going on in it. I think now, post-Civil War and post- you know, everything, I would have a very different attitude on it.
Hartley Rathaway
Simonson's run is one I keep meaning to reread, because I didn't have the patience or understanding at the time it came out, exactly WHAT was going on in it. I think now, post-Civil War and post- you know, everything, I would have a very different attitude on it.

Nobody could fail to credit it for doing Civil War in a way that both makes sense and only takes about an issue and a half.

I'm about 2/3rd though, having finished the Big Crazy Time Travel Epic... which certainly takes a bit of patience because it's terribly padded. Even if it is padded mostly with Awesome.

I might go and finish reading it now actually. Back in a bit.
Well.

That was an experience.
I miss Sharon. I really liked her. sad
I took to her as well.

Unless there's something worth reading inbetween Simonson and Waid that I'm unaware of, I'm going to choose to belive that she goes on to have a perfectly lovely life from where #354 leaves her and that everything it says on her Wikipedia entry is a wicked lie.

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
She did show up in that Marvel Knights FF title a couple years back. I made it a point to get it because of that. She was one of the ladies who helped Sue celebrate her birthday, along with Jen Walters and Emma Frost. Apparently she's fine and happy and living with Wyatt Wingfoot on his reservation.

Wyatt must have a thing for women who can crush him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff