I like it. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Blessed Hunter

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Why the hell would they try to ruin Power Girl by changing her uniform. Seriously wasn't ruining Cat Woman's dignity enough with her new 52 release, now they gotta go and change Power Girl?! Really?! I wish the would get it through their thick skulls that if it is already perfect as is why change it and take the chance of ruining her name and legacy. As a big fan of Power Girl to me this is an insult to her very name, It should have never been considered. This nerd is now pissed.

User Image

Blessed Hunter

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Yeah! Pants and a complete shirt are the worst things to ever happen to this character! How will anyone even know who she IS unless we can see her tits?! That's the most important part of the character!

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Ms. Selina Kyle
Yeah! Pants and a complete shirt are the worst things to ever happen to this character! How will anyone even know who she IS unless we can see her tits?! That's the most important part of the character!

That doesn't change that this redesign is completely hideous and in parts, non-sensical. The gold gauntlets are ugly and horribly over sized, with similarly styled boots (though I will admit, that from this angle the boots look better). What the hell is even with the lines all around her thighs? They seem to serve no purpose other than to make the whole thing look busy. That cape is just...yuck. A giant 'P' for her symbol? Totally original right there! Way to go DC. You guy's must have put a lot of thought into that one.This costume doesn't even maintain the color scheme from her previous outfit. All in all, she looks more like a random character from LoSH than Power Girl. Ugly and not at all iconic.

Oh and you gotta love that 70's hairdo. Ferrah Fawcett is totally relevent right now!

Power Girl doesn't even look as well drawn as Huntress. Love the teeny tiny writsts and the vacant expression!

But you're right, lets celebrate that Power Girl is in a full shirt and pants and just ignore the rest of this mess. Good to know that modest has to mean ugly in DC's eyes.
Jackie-senpai
...this redesign is completely hideous and in parts, non-sensical

That wasn't the criticism though, was it? The criticism was:

Quote:
Why the hell would they try to ruin Power Girl by changing her uniform. Seriously wasn't ruining Cat Woman's dignity enough with her new 52 release, now they gotta go and change Power Girl?! Really?! I wish the would get it through their thick skulls that if it is already perfect as is why change it and take the chance of ruining her name and legacy. As a big fan of Power Girl to me this is an insult to her very name, It should have never been considered. This nerd is now pissed.

There's nothing about what is wrong with the change or what would have been better. The only problem is that this is "different" and therefore they have "ruined the character." Not even that they ruined the costume, but the whole character. You don't even need to read the comic! Just by virtue of "change" we know it has been "ruined."

And the major changes are: pants, shirt, haircut, gold accents. She had just as many lines on the last iteration of her costume, and lines are the "in" thing for the redesigns. It's not modern looking, it is clunky, but it's not significantly worse. It's better than Starfire's redesign, it's worst than Supergirl's. It's another blah outfit to add to the pile and will likely not last.

Of course, these are criticisms apart from "it's different, NOOOOOO!"

Jackie-senpai
But you're right, lets celebrate that Power Girl is in a full shirt and pants and just ignore the rest of this mess. Good to know that modest has to mean ugly in DC's eyes.
Who was celebrating?

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
I'm glad the tit window is gone! This outfit is far more attractive.

800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Her costume is very average looking now. DC should've at least kept the same colors from the previous costume. She looks like a generic superhero now.
It's not like her original costume was all that iconic. The only reason people think this one looks more generic than the previous is because it's new. If she had been wearing this one for years, they'd be saying it's the iconic one. No, it's not a great costume (and therefore fits in with most of the redesigns) but it's not substantially worse than the old one. It's certainly not "ruining" the character. "Ugly"? That's pretty harsh. And god forbid her hairstyle should be different from what all the other heroines are wearing.

Dangerous Visionary

Rim The Sky

This.

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Miss-dark8607
Rim The Sky

This.

agreed. I don't like the hair style and the bracelets though.. blah. But I enjoy the new style. ^_~

Dangerous Genius

Unpopular opinion:

I liked the boob window. It was completely impractical, a center for jokes, and totally unnecessary...but it was fun.

Power Girl is, was, a fun character. She truly enjoyed being a superhero and saving the day, because it was one of the few things in her life that made complete sense. When people were in danger, it didn't matter that her past was a muddled mess, her personal life was next to nonexistent, or that her secret identity was nonexistent, she would just swoop in and save them. Because, as a superhero, that's what she did.

And she was tough! Not just physically, either, though Karen was one of the three strongest women on the planet at any given time. She didn't take s**t from anyone. She was a vital part of the JSA, and the leader of the All-Stars. You can't lead a legacy team like that without being made of some stern stuff.

Compassionate, too! Remember in her series (v. Jimmy Palmiotti/Amanda Connor), when a kid was blackmailing her? She could have beat him up. Hell, she could have told his mother on him and let her kick his a**. But nope, nope. She went with his demands, and ended up getting her way in the end. Without hurting anyone.

And what about her friends? Karen loves her friends. Not just Terra! During JSA: Classified, when Psycho Pirate was manipulating her emotions and memories, she sought out Huntress, her very best pre-Crisis friend, if only because she could remember cherishing their friendship.

I'll only mourn Kara Zor-L if she loses these qualities. If she goes from being a tough, outspoken, fun, compassionate woman to being some sort of shrinking violet (and not the Legion kind), I'll be mad as hell. And then I'll talk about how DC is 'ruining' her.

11,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Read #5 and maybe that will be enough to show you why they decided to change her costume.

You fanboys need to stop flipping out whenever they put clothes on girls. Wonder Woman looks better in pants. It makes you look like a bunch of horny morons when you whine about it. Though, edit, I can agree that the hair ******** sucks. Maybe they'll change it. As for the rest; it's a step in the right direction.

Blessed Hunter

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Kodako Takabe
Unpopular opinion:

I liked the boob window. It was completely impractical, a center for jokes, and totally unnecessary...but it was fun.

Power Girl is, was, a fun character. She truly enjoyed being a superhero and saving the day, because it was one of the few things in her life that made complete sense. When people were in danger, it didn't matter that her past was a muddled mess, her personal life was next to nonexistent, or that her secret identity was nonexistent, she would just swoop in and save them. Because, as a superhero, that's what she did.

And she was tough! Not just physically, either, though Karen was one of the three strongest women on the planet at any given time. She didn't take s**t from anyone. She was a vital part of the JSA, and the leader of the All-Stars. You can't lead a legacy team like that without being made of some stern stuff.

Compassionate, too! Remember in her series (v. Jimmy Palmiotti/Amanda Connor), when a kid was blackmailing her? She could have beat him up. Hell, she could have told his mother on him and let her kick his a**. But nope, nope. She went with his demands, and ended up getting her way in the end. Without hurting anyone.

And what about her friends? Karen loves her friends. Not just Terra! During JSA: Classified, when Psycho Pirate was manipulating her emotions and memories, she sought out Huntress, her very best pre-Crisis friend, if only because she could remember cherishing their friendship.

I'll only mourn Kara Zor-L if she loses these qualities. If she goes from being a tough, outspoken, fun, compassionate woman to being some sort of shrinking violet (and not the Legion kind), I'll be mad as hell. And then I'll talk about how DC is 'ruining' her.
I agree I did over-exaggerate the whole they are ruining her based on costume, but if they change her personality then she will be ruined. Well atleast I still have my collection of comics for her and a decent sized statue of her. So atleast I will have my memories if they do ruin her completely.
What the hell did they do to me?! I hate the new look >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces