Welcome to Gaia! ::

offcenterfold
I'm slowly crawling my way into comics, and I'd like to get back into two things in particular: Fantastic Four (especially storylines with plenty of Johnny), and Spider-Man with an emphasis on his relationship with either Gwen or MJ. Can anyone toss me some suggestions? sweatdrop

Spider-man: Blue
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane

I don't know anything about the Fantastic Four though, so can't help there.
Ms. Selina Kyle
Spider-man: Blue
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane

I don't know anything about the Fantastic Four though, so can't help there.

Thank you so much!

Haha, I guess I should have known "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane" - can't get any more obvious than that title. xp
offcenterfold
I'm slowly crawling my way into comics, and I'd like to get back into two things in particular: Fantastic Four (especially storylines with plenty of Johnny), and Spider-Man with an emphasis on his relationship with either Gwen or MJ. Can anyone toss me some suggestions? sweatdrop

The perfect thing for you is this, the Spider-Man & The Human Torch miniseries! It's fun and delves into Spidey and the Torch's long history as friends. You don't have to be an expert to enjoy the story and it gives you a fun look back and how they've changed over the years.
Giabrenna
The perfect thing for you is this, the Spider-Man & The Human Torch miniseries! It's fun and delves into Spidey and the Torch's long history as friends. You don't have to be an expert to enjoy the story and it gives you a fun look back and how they've changed over the years.

Ahh! I actually flipped through these back in the day and adored them, but I'd forgotten they existed until just now. I cannot wait to read them again. emotion_hug You're an angel.
I'm gonna go weird and say JMS' run on Spider Man was pretty heavily MJ.

It starts with them separated, and their getting back together, then Road to Civil War both are heavily about their relationship.

Although, to be fair, Sins Past is in the middle of that, and THAT story sucked... The Other wasn't much better either. So there's that.

Dangerous Visionary

Okay because GLTAS is getting canned and Bruce Timm and the rest of those wizards got me hooked on GL stuff. Can you guys like help me out on finding some soft newbie friendly GL trades?

Secondly, I really like Kilowog so has he ever had his own story-line or something?

Steadfast Protector

Miss-dark8607
Okay because GLTAS is getting canned and Bruce Timm and the rest of those wizards got me hooked on GL stuff. Can you guys like help me out on finding some soft newbie friendly GL trades?

Secondly, I really like Kilowog so has he ever had his own story-line or something?

Kilowog....

Kilowog, IIRC, was introduced when Green Lantern first became "Green Lantern Corps" and
Chip and Sarlakk and Arisia and Katma Tui all relocated to Earth with Hal and John.
Kilowog also worked with the Keith Giffen (and later) Justice League Intl. When the GL Corps
rings were reduced to a handful still powered, Kilowog still worked with the JL/JLI.
Kilowog had a major setback when Hal Jordan went crazy during Emerald Twilight-
and killed Kilowog.
Decades later, both got better, although both had died then or later.
Kilowog, restored to life, returned to training GLs as he once had.
After that, I don't know if there were any Kilowog stories.
I think the only truly Kilowog story was back in Gl Corps when Black Hand went up
against Kilowog- and lost badly because Kilowog refused to use his ring to defeat him.

Kilowog fans seem to be in a true minority.
Then again, DC management insisted for years that d**k Grayson had no fans-
until a groundswelling demanded his own series, and threatened tarring and feathering
if Didio carried out his plans to have DG killed off on the grounds he wasn't Batman
and wasn't Robin so he didn't matter.

Dangerous Visionary

Max Mercury

Kilowog....

Kilowog, IIRC, was introduced when Green Lantern first became "Green Lantern Corps" and
Chip and Sarlakk and Arisia and Katma Tui all relocated to Earth with Hal and John.
Kilowog also worked with the Keith Giffen (and later) Justice League Intl. When the GL Corps
rings were reduced to a handful still powered, Kilowog still worked with the JL/JLI.
Kilowog had a major setback when Hal Jordan went crazy during Emerald Twilight-
and killed Kilowog.
Decades later, both got better, although both had died then or later.
Kilowog, restored to life, returned to training GLs as he once had.
After that, I don't know if there were any Kilowog stories.
I think the only truly Kilowog story was back in Gl Corps when Black Hand went up
against Kilowog- and lost badly because Kilowog refused to use his ring to defeat him.

Kilowog fans seem to be in a true minority.
Then again, DC management insisted for years that d**k Grayson had no fans-
until a groundswelling demanded his own series, and threatened tarring and feathering
if Didio carried out his plans to have DG killed off on the grounds he wasn't Batman
and wasn't Robin so he didn't matter.

Well darn it all. I thought he was pretty popular and such. I would really like to start reading about the GLC with Kilowog instead of any of the Earth base Lanterns. He seems to have a really cool back story too and I thought maybe I could explore that deeper than the current animated series. DC you have disappointed me yet again. stare

Thanks for the help.

Dapper Cultist

This might be an advanced question? I'm not sure.

Here I go, there is a batman comic spin off I would like to track down, but I do not know what it is called. Batman had hooked up with ra's al ghul's daughter, she lied to Batman that she had a miscarriage but actually put the kid up for adoption. He has some Arabic name that translates to "Night Bat" and hooks up with the daughter of Star Fire.

This sounds seriously cray in all the right ways, and I want to find it.

Also, where can I track down back copies of Batman Beyond (the comic, not tv series)?
And why does Terry Mcginnis look asian when both his parents are white?
Vlad T
This might be an advanced question? I'm not sure.

Here I go, there is a batman comic spin off I would like to track down, but I do not know what it is called. Batman had hooked up with ra's al ghul's daughter, she lied to Batman that she had a miscarriage but actually put the kid up for adoption. He has some Arabic name that translates to "Night Bat" and hooks up with the daughter of Star Fire.

This sounds seriously cray in all the right ways, and I want to find it.

The first half of that would be in Son of the Demon which was brought back into print about six years ago so shouldn't be too hard to find. It is fairly cray.

The grown-up second generation you're asking about appear as background characters in various Kingdom Come thingies and have their own one-shots: The Kingdom: Son of the Bat and The Kingdom: Nightstar which are probably the books you're looking for.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Is Nightcrawler still dead? I'd check Wikipedia but I find that its often out of date when it comes to superheroes...

Additionally, what are some good Nightcrawler storylines?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff