Welcome to Gaia! ::

Steadfast Protector

Tster
here's one that got my head spinning.

Is the superboy (the one in the hibernation chamber) Lex Luther is talking to in IC#6 conner or another clone? I'm confused cause the next page conner is chatting with nightwing

To clarify on "it's Connor"...

Connor was at home in Smallville when Superboy-Prime came and beat the heck out of him. Eventually, a bunch of heroes showed up, and S-Prime killed some of them and ripped off some limbs. Then he was temporarily trapped in the Speed Force.

As for Connor,
I believe it was Teen Titans where the rest was explained.
(Possibly Robin.) In a 2-parter, we see the details.
Remember how Superman looked dead after Doomsday, and his body
wasn't processing sunlight fast enough to heal him?
Well, Connor's only 1/2 a Superman.
So, sometimes his body-like when a Kryptonian is trying to kill him- needs to process more energy than it can absorb. It makes up the difference by eating his tissue, thus using HIM as fuel.
So, Connor was dying, basically as a result of massive injuries from
that fight.
The Teen Titans ran off to get a cure for him.
Robin was SURE Lex Luthor had already prepared a cure for just such an
occasion. (Which I agree.) So, eventually, they got a vial of it and
administered it to Connor. Connor's thus still recovering for a bit,
which is the time in the tube.
BTW, that cure won't work a second time, according to Lex-
it would KILL him instead.
This, of course, means eventually someone will give it to him and he'll be just fine....
lostphrack
Does anyone know how The Establishment ended? It's a Wildstorm title that lasted 13 issues and I'm having a hell of a time digging up info on the final issue, which also happens to be the only one I don't have.

all I could find

http://www.thexaxis.com/capsules/22Sep02.htm

it was in the most recent 2 issues of Robin.

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Sooraya Qadir
lostphrack
Does anyone know how The Establishment ended? It's a Wildstorm title that lasted 13 issues and I'm having a hell of a time digging up info on the final issue, which also happens to be the only one I don't have.

all I could find

http://www.thexaxis.com/capsules/22Sep02.htm

it was in the most recent 2 issues of Robin.
It's a start, thanks!

Steadfast Protector

Sooraya Qadir
Okay I'm pretty sure all Human Torch ( Johnny Storm) could do when he first showed was flame on, resist flame and use thermals to fly. When did he get the huge power boost?

Forgot about this one.

All 4 members of the Fantastic Four initially started out with some pretty low power levels by CURRENT standards, and gradually increased. The Thing, for example, could lift several tons, but now he can lift many times the weight he could originally. The Super-Skrull, on the other hand, was imbued with powers that imitated theirs, but more powerful-
but more powerful BACK THEN.
That means he WAS stronger than the Thing, but now isn't even close.

So, initially, Johnny got a very slow, very gradual boost.
By the time he could generate a Nova Flame attack,
he was MUCH more powerful.

Of course, there have also been later exposures to radiation, which help "explain" the increases.
Is it true that Sue originally was just invisible, with none of the the force-field controls and whatnot?
IIRC, yes. the fields were added shortly thereafter.
Very shortly...

Only power they each had besides the basic (strength, stretch, fire, invisible) was that Johnny ALWAYS had the ability to fly...
I kinda miss those days...writers had to be a lot more creative with how characters used their powers. Maybe that's why I like the Invisible Kid so much.

Steadfast Protector

Back in the first few FF issues, Sue's only power was to turn herself and her unstable molecule costume invisible. She was unable to turn NORMAL clothing invisible, which is why, in the Rama-Tut story, she was dressed up in Egyptian garb and turning invisible didn't make much difference.
I recently read Spider-man 2099 issues 1-46 and the last few were extremely confusing. COuld someone fill me in on what happened there? I figure it had something to do with the other 2099 titles.
What exactly didn't you understand?
The Deadpool
What exactly didn't you understand?

Let's see here, off the top of my head:

What happened to Thor? He showed up for a single issue than dissappeared.
The symbiote/Namor character seemed to simply vanish.
The Goblin thing was never resolved.
The FF were suddenly there in one issue (I didn't know there WAS a FF 2099), helped miguel out before a disaster happened and he simply left.

The final story-line. Mabye I read them too fast, but I'm kinda fuzzy on the details.
Yeah, the end of the 2099 universe was very rushed... But remember that all 2099 titles were merged into one, big and crappy comic. And then it all came to a head at 2099 Manifest Destiny...

I forget what happened to Thor but Miguel eventually inherits Mjonir and lives like a gajillion years.

Goblin was resolved sorta... PAD meant it to be Dana's SISTER (Father Jennifer), not Gabe... In 2099 Manifesto they reveal it was a clone (actually, it was another type of fake, but who cares? It was one panel).

2099 FF was the REAL FF just like 2099 Doom was the real Doom...

It was all very rushed...
I nsaw a cover of the Exiles the other day, and I saw Miguel in the background. Do you know what's up with that?

What happened to Gabe, if he wasn't the goblin?
Jak Sacul
I nsaw a cover of the Exiles the other day, and I saw Miguel in the background. Do you know what's up with that?

What happened to Gabe, if he wasn't the goblin?

Exiles went to 2099 world, ******** up continuity even more and got Miguel to join them.

Gabe was reunited with Miguel. Nothing important happened to him.

Btw, I forgot, Symbiote/Namor was killed off panel in FF. New Atlantis is invaded by Attuma and Miguel is told that Roman is dead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff