Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright. They float up ocassionally. It happens. Someone asks something about Batman, or there's a question about who is who's secret identity. The most memorable of which was when someone wanted to ask something about the Green Arrow and, well, there was unpleasentness.
The fact is, many of these so-called "stupid questions" really don't deserve their very own threads. And frankly, research isn't always easy. Alright, typing in something like "first appearance of second Green Arrow" might get you what you want. But in the end, it'll be a long mess to sort everything out.
So here. This is the place to ask those stupid questions. The ones that research either turned up nothing for, or you didn't feel like researching, whatever. The little details in comics that you don't know about. Such as who was the first girlfriend. When did something happen. Who a character is or what their origin is.

THIS PLACE IS SAFE.

No one will yell at you for now knowing something. No one will call it a clutter-thread because the sole purpose of this thread is to answer those nagging questions that you have no idea what the answer to is.
Anyone who starts flaming in this thread, I'm blocking and reporting you. This goes for people who ask questions as well as those who give answers.
Also. While there isn't a stupid question, there are innapropriate questions. If you've got the urge to spout some idiocy about, "why does Batman have so many orphans?!" or "how stupid are Metropolans that they can't tell Kent is Superman!?" then feel free to not post here.

If you want to know if anybody has read ____, or is a fan of ____, or wants to do____to____, the answer is yes, and here are several of the threads to go and discuss it.

Sandman
DC's Crisis/One Year Later/52
An oversized Vs. thread
Vasquez and all related titles.
Jonah Hex
A decent but small Y: The Last Man thread
Fables
Best Moment EVER! panel post thread
Elfquest
Hellboy/BPRD
I'm kicking it off with my own stupid question.

Most of the Batman stuff I enjoy reading either pertains to his relationship with Catwoman or anything that has to do with the Year One era stuff. Long Halloween, Year One itself, Dark Victory, the early things. In these books, Gordon is married to Barbara. Lot's of his personal story revolves around this relationship and the birth of his son.
By No Man's Land, which I perused only briefly, I'm given to understand that Gordon is married to Sarah Essen.
So...what the hell happened to Barbara?
I believe she was killed or died in an accident. I'm a bit foggy though, so don't take me as gospel.
Fiel sharing is frowned upon by gaia.
It's not just frowned upon, asking and giving out links for such things is reportable and bannable. sad

Shameless Flatterer

Giabrenna
It's not just frowned upon, asking and giving out links for such things is reportable and bannable. sad

Which is why i respectively deleted my post. Thank you and have a nice day!
If you would like to discuss the Sandman, there is a wonderful topic full of friendly people here: 3nodding

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2781134
Lovin' that Death Barbie Gia.
While slightly irked that people are advertising in this thread, it's not a bad idea to list a directory in order to keep the "has anybody read ____?" threads to a low.
Just trying to stay pertinent to her original question, which was for Sandman information before she withdrew it.
Celaeno

Most of the Batman stuff I enjoy reading either pertains to his relationship with Catwoman or anything that has to do with the Year One era stuff. Long Halloween, Year One itself, Dark Victory, the early things. In these books, Gordon is married to Barbara. Lot's of his personal story revolves around this relationship and the birth of his son.
By No Man's Land, which I perused only briefly, I'm given to understand that Gordon is married to Sarah Essen.
The "distance" between them (Barbara and Jim) increased and the marriage began to fall apart; the death of their son didn't help much either. During this, Jim's eye wandered a bit. To Sarah, actually. Both knew it was wrong; both tried to not have the relationship, but alas, it occurred. Barbara left him, and eventually, Jim married Sarah.
The Thing: Is everything made of rock? xp
Sorce
Celaeno

The "distance" between them (Barbara and Jim) increased and the marriage began to fall apart; the death of their son didn't help much either. During this, Jim's eye wandered a bit. To Sarah, actually. Both knew it was wrong; both tried to not have the relationship, but alas, it occurred. Barbara left him, and eventually, Jim married Sarah.
The kid died? What happened there? There is a deffinate gap in my Batman reading...of course I just liked the characters so much better in the beginning.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff