Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wrathful Mystic

37,950 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Charonai
I would have liked to see Jubilee in the movies, she was one of my favorites when I was growing up and watching Xmen every Sunday morning. Rogue's a huge favorite of mine, not to mention Bandit but their storyline is pretty much on the side in the new movies. I mean, yeah, Rogue and Phoenix are there but the interactions just aren't the same.

I love accents too so I'm a big sucker for those characters.

The gal that plays Trubel in Grimm would have made a great Jubilee actually.

I loved all of Jubilee and Logan's interactions together.. They gave her biplay with him to Rogue in the first movie and gave us a glimpse of a girl in a yellow trench and called it good. So sad.
we also have x23. now she rocks!
Jubilee (I mean why haven't they give her any screen time)

Polaris (Magneto's cute daughter)

Robin (yes Robin has been a female.)

Interesting Phantom

Well, I'm a fan of Mystique, so I wish they would base the next X-movies off of her. razz I wish she had a bigger presence in the movies, and not just Magneto's right hand woman or little sister to Professor X.
I agree about Rogue. Wish she was stronger in the movies and wish we saw more of Emma Frost.

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
Charonai
I would have liked to see Jubilee in the movies, she was one of my favorites when I was growing up and watching Xmen every Sunday morning. Rogue's a huge favorite of mine, not to mention Bandit but their storyline is pretty much on the side in the new movies. I mean, yeah, Rogue and Phoenix are there but the interactions just aren't the same.

Yes! I agree with you whole-heartedly. I started watching the shows before I started reading the comics(never got to watch much of X-Men, but I really want to), and once I did start reading the comics Jubilee's character surprised me. Mostly because I had no idea who she was. It's surprising that with all the buzz around the X-Men you never see her character, despite the fact that she's in a fair amount of the comics. However, Rogue has always been my favorite. I kept waiting for them to do something more with her character in the movies, but they never did. I mean, in Last Stand it shows her giving up her powers. For Bobby. And then she gets a five second cameo in DOFP. Really? That's all you're going to give such a noteworthy member of the X-Men? I suppose that's more than what they gave Gambit, but still. stare

Also, I love how you tied in Grimm. Love that show. And, yes, she would make a very good Jubilee. smile
I think Jubilee is fantastic but sadly looked over! Emma Frost is my fave ^v^

Another female I think is ******** great(and underrated) is Angel Salvadore(Tempest) so I was really really glad she was in First Class at least.

Shy Seeker

little_lost_j
So, this year my costume is Kitty Pryde (aka Shadowcat aka the one who walks through walls). I worked at a halloween carnival Sunday for my school, and pretty much everyone just assumed I was Jean Grey. I guess it's understandable since she's really the main one in the movies. But Kitty Pryde is actually a huge character in the modern xmen comic universe!

What other female comic book characters do yall feel are super overlooked? Which ones do you think are overrated (not that Jean Grey is overrated...she's cool as hell)?
jean comes off asasnoody b***h to me(atleast with cyclops around)storm is cooler
One Witchy Woman
Charonai

I loved all of Jubilee and Logan's interactions together.. They gave her biplay with him to Rogue in the first movie and gave us a glimpse of a girl in a yellow trench and called it good. So sad.

Super sad. xp
Faol_Cailin
Charonai

Yes! I agree with you whole-heartedly. I started watching the shows before I started reading the comics(never got to watch much of X-Men, but I really want to), and once I did start reading the comics Jubilee's character surprised me. Mostly because I had no idea who she was. It's surprising that with all the buzz around the X-Men you never see her character, despite the fact that she's in a fair amount of the comics. However, Rogue has always been my favorite. I kept waiting for them to do something more with her character in the movies, but they never did. I mean, in Last Stand it shows her giving up her powers. For Bobby. And then she gets a five second cameo in DOFP. Really? That's all you're going to give such a noteworthy member of the X-Men? I suppose that's more than what they gave Gambit, but still. stare

Also, I love how you tied in Grimm. Love that show. And, yes, she would make a very good Jubilee. smile

to be true, I don't think Rogue would have given up her powers, especially not in the old series. Gambit supports her pretty solidly in their relationship even though he can't really touch her... so, I'm not thinking Bobby would have really fared better.
In the newer animated Xmen series Gambit and Rogue both have parts to play but the story lines differ quite a bit.

You're welcome, lol, she just reminds me of a real life version of her, minus the trench coat of course.

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
Charonai
Faol_Cailin
Charonai

to be true, I don't think Rogue would have given up her powers, especially not in the old series. Gambit supports her pretty solidly in their relationship even though he can't really touch her... so, I'm not thinking Bobby would have really fared better.
In the newer animated Xmen series Gambit and Rogue both have parts to play but the story lines differ quite a bit.

You're welcome, lol, she just reminds me of a real life version of her, minus the trench coat of course.
Which was my point. The Rogue I always knew never would have done such a thing, not unless absolutely necessary. I'm talking life or death. Not over a guy. And why Bobby? That still bugs me. stare

...What new animated X-Men? What have I missed?! eek

Yeah, she kind of does, now that I think about it. Trouble has that same "cool" factor that Jubilee always had. Man, I miss comics. I seriously need to find a comic book store that isn't some two hours away.*sigh*
Faol_Cailin
Which was my point. The Rogue I always knew never would have done such a thing, not unless absolutely necessary. I'm talking life or death. Not over a guy. And why Bobby? That still bugs me. stare

...What new animated X-Men? What have I missed?! eek

Yeah, she kind of does, now that I think about it. Trouble has that same "cool" factor that Jubilee always had. Man, I miss comics. I seriously need to find a comic book store that isn't some two hours away.*sigh*
Well they never did flesh out Gambit enough in the movies, so maybe Bobby was easier... plus the whole ice man thing (Brrrr!).

There was a new one but it was over five years ago now, I think they called it Next Generation(?) it's on Netflix, it wasa WB show and looks close to anime style animation.

Good comic book stores are hard to find, but always worth it 3nodding

dilweedz's Partner

3,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I think Emma Frost is terribly underused in the comics lately. Ever since she joined with the X Men she's basically just sat around playing fifth-fiddle to Cyclops and doing whatever he tells her (with her telepathy). Most of her panels are her standing or sitting around with a hand to her head while Cyclops yells at her to do something. Really?! stressed

She was even more underused in the movie (First Class) which was a pretty terrible movie I'll freely admit but...c'mon. I really liked January Jones physically as her but the writing was terrible and there was really only the one scene that showed some of her potential.

I think they've struggled with Rogue because her power makes her a dangerous character to slide into Superman Syndrome where she's too powerful so they kind of stuff her in the background and she seems to have been relegated to leading D-list teams that get a panel here or there just to remind us that they're not dead but then disappear for the next 20 issues.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff